Kushboard Prototipo | Lacroix Prototipo chassis | 12s5p P42A | Newbee 3 links & 4GS Hubs | SKP 6374 | Stormcore

I forgot how tedious manual lay ups are.

It was also annoying as air bubbles got trapped on that recess where the gasket originally was. So i had to cut slots with a xacto so air could escape, then brush on more epoxy.

7 Likes

Removing everything, fuck it we ball with the 12s5p.

I absolutely hate the foam tape that Lacroix used, if you ever have to dismantle one, dont.

The adhesive was so stubborn that my solvents didnt soften it.

Fortunately i had a belt sander cleaner, which is basically a big rubber stick that ungums sandpaper, or griptape. I went at it with the adhesive and after an hour, it all went off

2 Likes

Hmm, very tight. This could be a problem, since the discharge wires need to come out of the top middle of the stormcore

Do you have a DV4s? It’s much smaller and has the power leads coming out the side.

1 Like

Hmm i dont, i heard it is quite small. But ideally ill try to use the stormcore instead of buying a new esc. I do have a unity…

1 Like

The Unity won’t have an issue fitting, give that a try.

1 Like

Stormcore is tight bro. But definitely noticed an upgrade in power delivery and thermals.

2 Likes

I might consider putting the BMS on top of the cells, we’ll see.

1 Like

Fiberglass trimmed, sanded and on goes 2K epoxy primer

6 Likes

If you go this route, @Tony_Stark likely has a rubber gasket you could use

1 Like

Sure do.

5 Likes

Ordered! I guess this will be the plan then.

@Tony_Stark how long bolts would one need for the enclosure with this gasket?

2 Likes

I think i used m4 x14 or m4 x16 on mine. I can’t remember exactly .

1 Like

Nice. M4 x 16 is most likely to work but they may be slightly long.

2 Likes

I’ve a selection of 10, 12 and 14mm. Ill see which works best, thanks!

Wow - synergy in action here.

My Proto just died out of the blue a couple of weeks ago and I’m unsure whether this was primarily a short within the power switch but I’ve noticed a pack seems on the way out. It’s the same version Proto as yours - the dss 50.

I’ve been harassing @Ean.esk8 for quite some time also to find out when the next batch of 3 links were gonna be available and 2 days ago, finally got around to ordering them (especially as now they have 10mm axles)

To top it off - I’ve had in my basket from Radium since the 28th (for the sale discount - lol) the exact same Proto riser but can’t really justify almost the same price in Shipping so in my basket it still resides.

Did I mention the Stormcore 60D sitting here doing nothing aside from gathering dust for months on end ? I didn’t . . . whoops

I doubt I’ll be going gear drive though as I need the option to run Urethane and BRP’s, unless of course @mackann can find the last set of helicals lying around (herringbone are out of my price range I’m afraid) and doubt my 3 links will be arriving until the full batch has been sold, but y’never know . . .

Guess I’ll attempt to rebuild my Evo in the interim but electrics are not my forte. Time to learn starts now methinks

Will definitely follow your thread here as I expect another top notch and inspirational build from you

3 Likes

Bedliner goes on next. Next week ill start on the main colors and all.

Also new arrangement? I think itll be better to have the BMS on top of the ESC instead

7 Likes

I want to paint bedliner on my lacroix enclosure for protection as well as making it matt finish, any tips?

1 Like

Scuff the surface with sandpaper or scotch brite pads before painting, itll help it stick

1 Like

Noted, I haven’t used many different bed liner paints - what’s your go to?

2 Likes