Kushboard Nano, lightweight build | 121c Orbiter deck | Custom motor mount | 10s2p VTC6 | 6374 190KV | Flipsky 4.12 | 77A Caguamas

Where did you get that enclosure? Do you possibly have a spare i could buy?

This enclosure will be used in the upcoming new board that has yet to launch unfortunately. Might not be able to sell an enclosure for these yet. Apologies!

Ah that’s ok, I’m looking forward to the new boards!

1 Like

Been awhile, I’ve been using this board everyday as a commuter to work. Unfortunately the battery seems to have a few groups that may have drifted. The battery is also pretty worn so I figured it’s time for a little makeover as well as a new battery build! This is what it looks like now.

Here’s my plan
Using salvaged Sony VTC6 cells to rebuild a new 10s2p
Change to a Flipsky battle hardened 6374
Remove griptape and spray bedliner on the top of the deck
Let’s see… anything else to suggest?

6 Likes

Incoming battery building pics!
I cleaned and ground the terminals flat, and re-sleeved the cells as the old ones were slightly scuffed.

Then I siliconed and wrapped them in fishpaper. And it’s welding time!

4 Likes

How has ride quality held up? Do you ever wish the deck was slightly wider or had a bigger tail?

1 Like

I did bring the rear truck back and closer to the tail by about 2 inches. After that its much better to control. Its the perfect length for me since when I grab it by the front truck, its short enough that it does not touch the ground. So it’s pretty portable

2 Likes

Boardnamics axles and mounts and pulleys for a smoother drive…
maybe with the 145s

2 Likes

I do have 145s and a BN mount actually. But the current truck and drivetrain works well so I might stick with it. We’ll see…

Okay. I’ve finished up the battery pack. I’m gonna install it tonight, and do a small range test with the old motor, then switch to the new one. Just to see if there’s an efficiency difference from switching motors

I liked building this pack, also let’s me play around with the BMS wiring

6 Likes

an important concept in esk8 is if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

i really struggle with this concept and it has bit me in the ass before…

2 Likes

Really pretty battery!

1 Like

Putting it together. Woo, the new motor should make it a little more silent at lower speeds. The old one has been well abused for 3 years and has a low speed hum.

3 Likes

Sealing up any holes with JB weld, and sanded smooth once hardened.

And bedliner. I’ll probably put my logo in the middle and something else around the logo, not sure what yet.

3 Likes

Yeah goddamn I’ve shot myself in the foot so badly with that

2 Likes

Okay! All done. Looks $500 more valuable now, because that’s the amount I probably spent in terms of parts and effort.

7 Likes

Alright, I’m about to embark on a build with either this deck or a 30.43” Powell Peralta (@b264’s blue one)

Anything you’ve come to dislike about it with regards to ride quality or as a commuter in general?

I’m planning on using Hoyt 5” pnummies on it because I’m a dork. Any thoughts on that? Will it be too funky with the deck?

I’d like to do NESE if at all possible for airline reasons. Is it too flexy for that to be viable?

Are you willing to sell these enclosures yet :stuck_out_tongue:
(I realize I would not be NESE’ing if using the enclosure, I presume at least)

Everything about this is just about perfect except for the width of the board around the front truck. I could use just a bit more space up there like the Peralta has.

2 Likes

Pneumys on a kick tail board… why?

mega risers or super long hangers?

1 Like

7 Likes

I’ve been considering that for a long, long time but never actually pulled the trigger on it mostly because of the range hit, and the difficulty of fitting large batteries to short decks.

Using it purely as a commuter and the majority of the areas I’ll be using it have seriously terrible roads, like cobblestone with over 100 years of tree roots ruining it in all sorts of ways. Pnummies instead of thane are just going to be much better ride quality. I also personally hate thane on anything but smooth pavement.

I’m not buying either of the boards for their kicktail purposes, just for the fact they’re compact. I doubt I will make use of the kicktail.

There has been a build with this deck on bergmeisters before. It’s wasn’t exceptionally strange looking or requiring a stupid amount of risers or boat sized hangars

@xsynatic can you move every post past my first question to Linny into derail? Don’t want to clog his build thread.

This is one of the pneummie builds on this deck I remember. I think there’s another one tho

Ironic it’s on kahuas. Them bitches are heavy af

6 Likes