[SOLD] Kids See Boosted - For Sale

That’s a long foking shaft.

1 Like

September 17th

giphy (32)

2 Likes

This board is so close I literally can’t stop thinking about it. Hopefully I can finish it before I go back home for break :crossed_fingers:

I conformally coated the vescs today, I’ll be using these vesc 6.4s until the neoboxes arrive (granted they don’t arrive before the board)

6 Likes

Any tips on coating them? What have you used?

1 Like

This is what I use, reccomended by @b264

MG Chemicals 419D Premium Acrylic Conformal Coating, 55 mL Bottle, IPC 830, UL 94V-0 (File # E203094) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B8RY7M6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_AVCnHgxmhsGOn

I reccomend you find one with a brush on the inside of the cap so you don’t have to be like me:

4 Likes

Thanks, what worries me more is getting into the connectors and ruining them

2 Likes

I’m honestly really sloppy with it, but I (think I ) know what to steer clear of.

First, I like cutting little masking tape squares to cover the fets with

Secondly I put a USB plug into the port, pretty much to use it as sacrifice incase any coating enters the plug. You just want to keep it off the pins.

Third is go ham with it. I like doing 2 ‘thick’/generous coatings, seems to cover everything enough.

While I’m on the topic: it bothers me how close pos and neg are on a vesc, between those two capacitors. It seems like such an easy way to short them out. I like to go especially heavy in that area.

5 Likes

Really good tips, specially the usb one

The fets it’s a good call to cover them at least most of the center

Did you pay any attention to the switch that toggles 3.3 and 5 V for the sensors?

1 Like

Nope :joy:

If it’s actually important, conformal coating can be removed, and it can be fixed:

3 Likes

It’s actually convenient that you can solder through conformal coating, and it’s designed for that. Just don’t accidentally get it inside a USB connector or on JST pins

3 Likes

Fucker snapped them up from right under the Aussies’ noses. Good catch!

2 Likes

Have you ever applied to a battery pack? I mean directly on the positive and negative of the cells? I was thinking in doing that as a additional protection

2 Likes

Not on the cells directly, but on the packaging and shrinkwrap and BMS and all that, yes, and I’m sure some probably got on the cells but dunno

3 Likes

O lawdy she sexy

I’ve received word that I’ll have it soon! giphy (38)

19 Likes

Easily the nicest Vanguard ever.

3 Likes

Thank you! I would like to think so too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

giphy (7)

3 Likes

Thank you Mr. West :ocean::100::heavy_check_mark:

2 Likes

Remind me to send you a pic of my Kanye underwear

1 Like

I might need some for myself :thinking: