Koowheel DM3 custom battery and carbon fiber enclosure

Hi - my first post on this forum!

I have a Koowheel DM3 that I modified to have a 36v 10p3s battery (30x18650 cells vs stock battery 20x18650 cells) from Aliexpress (10 Ah). I also built a carbon fiber & fiberglass enclosure using clear epoxy. Both the battery and enclosure are removable using clevis pins and cotter pins.

I made a how to video on youtube (can’t post link) - search on youtube:
“Koowheel DM3 electric skateboard battery mod and carbon fiber enclosure”

1 Like

Any reason to why you didn’t just remove the old battery holder? Makes it look a bit bulky

2 Likes

Reason I left the original battery holder is I wanted the option of still using the stock battery and taking it with me (in a backpack) on rides so I could swap it out if I’m on a longer ride. Each battery, with my weight and the path I usually ride on, I get about 12 km total distance for each battery. I’ll be soon swapping out the 30 x 18650 cells on the custom battery with LG IMR 3000 mAh high drain cells - I’m predicting I should get about 18 km total with these better batteries in.

:thinking: I was capable of reaching 19km on every charge with my koowheel using the original battery

I think I with both my weight (194 lbs) and the hills I’m going up and down it’s why I’m getting only 12 km…I also usually ride with the “fast mode” (ie. pressing the button on the remote 5 times to enable it)

44kmh for 19km everytime 🤷

I’ve since moved on and now it’s closer to 70kmh for atleast 60km :rofl:

I still have my DM3. I should do something with it. Other than turning it into a Carvon Exo of course.

1 Like

I literally gave my green gen koowheel Frankenstein this week. Guy kept getting problems with his board. So I gave him board, remote, charger and extra esc.

1 Like

Nice - I’m probably going to further mod my setup by putting a small cheap digital voltmeter to be able see where the battery is at - similar to what you have there in your pic.

Can i ask sth? i want to rebuilt koowheel battery ,replace batteries (original are there ICR 18650-22P SAMSUNG ) ,with maximum current 10A , but i got at home another good batteries (ICR 18650-22F SAMSUNG) , i watch specification , size is same, voltage is same and also capacity only maximum current is only 4,4A …what that mean? Can you anyone explain what can i do? Wil be any issues then with battery or not?
thnks