Keeping a Mountainboard build light | First build

if I did flipsky, it would be a 6.6, hehe.
I had that 4.2 and destroyed it in about a month of riding on thane. YMMV, but I’d stay away from that 4.2FESC

3 Likes

So much this, then upgrade from there. Hey @Skyart, clean it up before shipping, okay?!

[edit] FWIW had I been in the US, this would have been sold a long time ago. [/edit]

2 Likes

@tiennou74 honestly you always have to buy twice with flipsky. @Skyart package will be much much better. If there are some things you don’t like then sell those parts and get better ones. You can’t beat @Skyart offer especially if you live only 30min away.

The things I would personally upgrade if I bought that would be the trucks, wheels(depending if you want to do some heavy off road) and then maybe the esc.

Up to you :grinning:
Also in the US, TB is the best esk8 vendor.

1 Like

@Skyart I’m in Marin so close by (I also work in downtown SF) - if you are free this weekend, I’d love to meet up :wink:

3 Likes

@IDEA just sent me some details - man they are sick!

2 Likes

They’re heavy though with the cross bars. I just shipped my old set out from idea and it was close to 2.5 lbs. Definitely sexy though.

Still thinking of starting this build!
I wanted to verify if I need angles risers for this board. I heard you need at least 30 degrees

Also what do you recommend for pulleys/belt based on the current wheels (I might upgrade to MBS rockstar pro but need to check the weight)?

1 Like

We tried and failed to find pulleys for tri-spoke hubs so yeah upgrade the wheels fosho also the tires are trash just so you know.

Mbs sells pulleys for those hubs (rockstar) now just FYI

1 Like

Could that be those one ? https://eskating.eu/product/htd-5m-72-teeth-nylon-carbon-pulley-for-mbs-fivestar-rockstar-hubs/#reviews

1 Like

I am glad others agree.

Though usually I don’t care about looks, but this is a hindrance to actually using the board for transportation. How the fuck you ride in small train seat with that? How does it fit in a shopping cart/trolley? How strong are you to carry it in buildings every day?

Those might be good for weekend toys, but if moving around a city is your goal, those aren’t for me.

If you walked into one business around here carrying something like that

'scuse me sirsirsir!!     you can’t have that in here

In about 2 seconds

But if it looks like a skateboard, then nobody bats an eye. The facts are that around here, something like that is no more than a toy. It can’t be used practically very much.

Also it’s not about “arguments”. There’s a whole forum of that shit and one thread for this… so let it be

Dude, the thread is “Keeping a mountainboard build light” not “Keeping a commuting electric skateboard inconspicuous”

3 Likes

The only one shit posting is you.
I have made only one post in this thread and it was in answer to your continuous ramblings on how an electric skateboard should be made to serve as a shopping trolley.
Guess what, this thread is not about shopping trolleys.

2 Likes

Brian this is the equivalent of the boosted guys asking me how I carry my mtb to class on campus.

1. I’m not a student
  2. I wouldn’t mtb to class, I’d bring my small urethane board.

This is why I don’t bottom mount on a light mtb:

3 Likes

No one is blasting you man, it’s a discussion amongst adults about skateboards. I hope the rest of your day turns up.

@tiennou74 if you go bottom mount enclosure, I don’t think you can call it a mountain board anymore, you have to call it an all terrain cruiser by the rules of skatan.

When you cool down, re-read what we wrote , what you wrote and come back to me on who is shit posting.

I’m cool. And Andy is.

:kissing_heart:
Threat is clean :man_shrugging:
Good that I do not need to take my skate for shopping thou… everybody his own.

2 Likes

Hey guys - i really like you guys are participating and have an opinion on this , let’s keep it positive and constructive. :kissing_heart:
I think it all depends on usage… latest plot twist: I ended up getting an Ownboard bamboo AT for commuting and then will work on this one for more weekend/off road.

I still will strive for keeping the MTB build light but I quickly learn that this will take money and compromises…

4 Likes