KALY-XLR Ernesto new creation.

I never once said anything to do with your board did I? You came in aggressively stating that I don’t know what I am talking about. All I said is the Ubox is well known to drain batteries

Then I gave some anecdotal evidence about how we have experienced the same problem

Then you came in (because you sell Ubox and didn’t like what I was saying) and said

Which, is wrong. In fact as you can see from @jaykup testing the Ubox 75V V2 is significantly worse than say the stormcore 60D, or most other ESC - by a massive amount.

And then you said

Which really pissed me off, because I said nothing about your ESC, your boards or your brand but you jumped in anyway with this statement and now we can all see that it is fact you that has no idea about it.

6 Likes

Also, he said that higher voltages cause more drain. If the 100v ubox is similar in parasitic drain at 48v, the drain at 84v will be massive

2 Likes

I think it would drain a little faster than that. I had a mix of uA, mA and some conversions in the cells which isn’t obvious so the math might not be that clear. Plus the draw increases as voltage increases.

Here is the detailed math:

Ubox 75v V1
16s * 6p = 96 cells
96 * 14.9wh (capacity @ 200mA drain) = 1430Wh
Assuming 16s @ 4v = 64v. This is in the middle of the 60v and 70v numbers, so call it 4mA
64v * 0.004A = 0.256W
1430Wh / 0.256W = 5,586 hours / 24 = 232 days.
At 25% charge, that’s 58 days.

Ubox 75v V2
16s * 6p = 96 cells
96 * 14.9wh = 1430Wh
Assuming 16s @ 4v = 64v. This is in the middle of the 60v and 70v numbers, so call it 2.2mA
64v * 0.0022A = 0.141W
1430Wh / 0.141W = 10142 hours / 24 = 423 days.
At 25% charge, that’s 105 days.

3 Likes

I did not even tag you or said anything against you. I just said many likes to flame without know anything about what they flame. I did not even mention “our” esc. I just said something about ubox100. So I don’t know why you think I’m aggressive against you.

1 Like

It was pretty obvious you were talking about me

3 Likes

So if you have a ubox, and you finish a ride with a near dead battery, you gotta be real sure to charge that battery a little before putting the board away. Sounds like waiting a few weeks could be enough to deplete a battery beyond repair.

3 Likes

more unproven theory:
if servos on the XLR are also drawing current but through the BMS, they could bring the battery lower till the BMS stops them, and any drain from the esc would continue from there.

10 Likes

This is getting like a Reddit thread…

3 Likes

reddit.esk8.news

4 Likes

Good thing @Kaly decided to make the big-brain move of publicly burning bridges with LaCroix and BKB by being a lying, ignorant fuckhead about the Stormcore and Xenith.

And then, he chose the Spintend and did what he always did: ship shit without proper due diligence in testing.

What a complete lack of accountability and merit from Ernesto. Karmic retribution for tying his wagon with Jason fuckin Potter.

Good riddance.

8 Likes

‘Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.’

That’s who makes Spintend??

The whole scene is becoming a parody of itself.

The good days are gone.

7 Likes

You just have to have enough ‘I don’t give a fuck’, so that you don’t give a fuck.

1 Like

Did he build this for the Andrew Tate?

For posterity

Another one bites the dust

2 Likes

65000 e devices and 220 failures across the board… whilr any is a concern. That’s a pretty low percentage considering just how many battery cowboys there are out there.

1 Like

This shit though

4 Likes

10 Likes

⚙️ About the ghost drain on battery… 🔋

The 12v buck converter that powers the servo motors draws about 100ma when “off”, and I’ve tested this on multiple XLRs.

The buck is the MAIN reason for the rapid battery drain when just sitting idle.

For comparison, the Spintend dual vescs have an “off” ghost draw of up to 3ma.

The math:

• the fully charged XLR battery w/ 12v 100ma draw will deplete from 100-0% in less then 50 days.

• The same battery w/ 2-3ma draw will deplete from 100-0% in somewhere around 800-1100 days

(Ideally both should be fixed, but if all you do is stop the buck drain then you’ll be significantly safer. Although, if you want to store it for a whole year, that’s another story…)

Sawyer post in Kaly.nyc FB group

7 Likes

Another one bites the dust :skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones: