Kaly Out of Buisness?

Kaly had one on every spot of his page. You also had to agree to a check box to buy anything online.

4 Likes

So “ YoU MOST LIKELY GONNA DIE” is not sufficient? What if you have a box to check
AND certify not to be a robot?

1 Like

Ok then it should have said “ mother fucker you already dead!”

Yes I’m drinking, it’s 12:30 FFS!

1 Like

Then it depends on how it was worded, if it’s not worded perfectly in line with the law it can be void, some states don’t accept liability waivers in court but I don’t think they were in any of those states. They probably claimed gross negligent in the design and construction of the parts but there are to many unknowns for me to make any claims. I find it hard to believe that if kaly had a good lawyer they would have lost the case unless there is something we don’t know like there being proof of him knowing of the problem and ignoring it or telling people to ride it the way it is.

1 Like

Because health care in this country is so fucked this person probably got stuck with some astronomical amount of medical debt/lost the ability to work for some time. Leaving them in tough place to either sue or be fucked themselves. This is corporate America continuing to fuck people. The person who sued and Kaly. If proper healthcare existed this market of ambulance chasing lawyers wouldnt really exist. Most of these cases truly exisit because someone had a six figure medical bill for what costs nothing everywhere else in the world.

7 Likes

Do you understand how insurance works? Do yourself a favor call some small business insurance providers and tell them “Hey I build 30-60 pound bombs that go upwards of 50mphs and people ride them!” See what it costs for coverage if people will even cover you.

Same goes for lawyers. Do you know what it costs to retain a lawyer? I’m sure Ernesto did the math or paid for legal advise and a lawyer said listen just settle and walk away at best you loose your business at worst you loose everything trying to pay legal fees.

Also waviers aren’t some magic word. You can have people sign and agree to everything in the world but it doesnt stop them from suing you. The courts have to decide that and by the time you could be done proving that you are dead in the water from legal fees. Waviers arent some get out of lawsuit free card.

13 Likes

Speaking from recent experience I can confirm that it is very difficult to get business coverage for this. I was just inquiring recently and tried a bunch of insurers, had them send it up the chain to head office, etc. My existing insurer, who insures me for lots of other professional activities I do, said they couldn’t cover it.

2 Likes

As has already been observed by a few people here and in other threads, everything about the current Kaly situation is total speculation and it doesn’t help anyone to fuel the rumor mill. We’re living in a time right now when tons of people are losing jobs, companies are downsizing, and closing up shop. It’s really friggin’ hard but of course there will be armchair onlookers who think they can do better.

4 Likes

Imagine if everyone that bought a Kaly board DIY’d instead. There would be one hell of a lot more carnage and nobody to blame. But we rarely if ever hear that side. For every successful DIYĂ©r here there is likely 10 who failed , burnt down their house, snapped themselves or worse trying to emulate success
 It’s harder than it looks. Risk vs reward is the never ending battle.

I don’t see a foul here & don’t get the toxicity, not aware of fulfilment misses.

Build quality? Have not seen the ‘look at this’ posts either :man_shrugging:

Vendor down like Kaly is a loss in my books

7 Likes

just wildly speculating
 but probably at the point where he knew battling it was going to be more than settling?

3 Likes

holy shit. saw that guy’s post on Facebook in my feed about his apartment, and the pics of the charred board. This is scary af.

5 Likes

pics?

1 Like

somehow I refreshed while I was trying to screen cap it and now I can’t find it again. will definitely post if I find it. I think others here have seen it though.

1 Like

3 Likes

Really scary shit. Some dumbasses were victim blaming him “why didn’t you unplug it when it got hot”

The vid of his apartment shows the true damage

2 Likes

The Kaly facebook group is insane. The amount of victim blaming and lack of sympathy for a man who lost his home and all their worldly possessions made me sad to be associated with the Eskate community.

13 Likes

Fanboyism at its finest

6 Likes

the guy who lost his apartment is a venezuelan living in Paris who has multiple successful businesses I doubt he would be making shit up

Probably more able to rectify the issue without suing then

1 Like