KALY HELLCATS - MATT BLACK With tyres & Bearings x 5 Fits MBS Hole pattern - Offers considered

Subject:Shipping ex - USA , Texas, Houston

5 x KALY NYC Hellcat wheel assemblies for 12mm Axles- Excludes any gear adaptor or bolts for connecting to gear drive, pulleys or any spacers.

The included Bearings are 3201-2RS Double row angular contact bearings c/w internal bearing spacers.

Prices
$300 - includes PayPal & Delivered USA
$350 - includes PayPal & Delivered Global

I have some nice wide hellcats with 8"x 3”-inch-wide tyres I can sell you that should bolt straight onto Kaly gear drive adaptors or you can retro fit to MBS hole pattern setups. I bought these off Ernesto a while back but only ran them on one of my prototypes for 15 miles then I changed that board to a new configuration using Trampa wheels as Kaly wheels are really only meant for Kaly gear drive adaptors that fit kaly gears and I don’t have Kaly gear drives. So, I never should have bought the wheels (To use them I had to find special spacers, bolts and nuts to mount them to 3d servisas gears, major pain) So if want these Black Hellcats wheels I can send them to you via PAYPAL shipped to USA / global including tyres, tubes, bearings and bearing spacers.

4 Likes

Hey man, just a heads up: these are NOT COMPATIBLE with Kaly gear drives at all. These are the MBS mount, as you are aware. These were specifically meant to be used with MBS Matrix 2 or Trampa trucks. There was even a disclaimer that they should not be used with the LaCroix Hypertrucks due to the sharp/semi-sharp edge of the belt pulley on the LaCroix, causing the fatty tire to possibly rub and cut the tire when riding, especially if running high PSI. So, they’re good for use on MBS Matrix 2 trucks, MBS Matrix 3, 3D Servicas Fatboy 320 trucks, Trampa trucks, and even LaCroix Hypertrucks, as long as it’s not running belt drive. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I’ve ran hellcat wide rims on the hypertrucks for years. Never had a problem. What are you having issues with?

2 Likes

I’m not having any issues; I don’t own a set. I’m very familiar with the rims. Also, when I interned, we realized that in certain cases it would cut the tire. So Kaly put out a disclaimer that it shouldn’t really be done because it’s a hit or miss. Realistically, the only way to tell if it was going to be a problem is after use, so it’s definitely a risk that most might not be willing to take.

Actually i dont see how what you are saying is possible unless you assemble them incorrectly. I have a nice gap between the wheel and pulley. Also the pulley will hit the rim, not the tire.

Pretty sure the bulletin you speak of was about trimming the inside of the tire so it’ll fit on the rim.

1 Like

It happened in two cases: one where a tire blew up on someone while running. No idea if it was a Kaly fault or not. You know, if a customer messes up, most of the time they won’t want to admit that they did something wrong. So Kaly realized that. But people on MBS Matrix 2 and Fatboy 320 trucks never had issues. So Kaly determined it looks like the Lacroix pulleys’ sharp edge had something to do with the cut on the tires. Like I said, it’s a risk if you don’t know how to set it up properly. I guess you set it up properly since you haven’t had any issues. It’s just something people should be aware of. I’m just letting the seller know about that and that they aren’t compatible with Kaly gear drives, also. That’s all.

1 Like

I was speaking with a Kaly XL board owner and he sent me this pic of the gear adaptor. So I think it is well understood Kaly made his wheels pre XLR with MBS hole pattern. I also had the the guy measure his axle lengths and we did the math and there is just the right amount of axle length to have the wheel plus adaptor. It’s the adaptor that fits the gear, so if he swapped the wheel these would fit the adaptor and thus fit the gear. Therefore he would get a nasty fatty wheel as opposed to the stock cheese cutters. However these bearings are for 10mm Dia axles (3200-2R2), huge, double row angular contact monster bearings…so he would need to get new trucks as well to fit these monster Hellcats so no deal…so here we are…fuck it I’ll probably just put them on a Go Kart…

Looks baddass

1 Like

I agree not to use on belt drive, but i think these can retro fit any gear. I had them on 3d servisas gears and trucks, it really only comes down to the adaptor setup. Provide its MBS hole PDC these can also be customised for application.

The reason I say it doesn’t work is because it’s not using the dual angular bearings that the Kaly gear drive needs. If it doesn’t use the dual angular bearing, there are tolerance issues and forces created from a regular bearing that transfer to the wheel gear, causing it to wear the gear drive down. This could possibly even crack the POM wheel gear due to those forces. This issue was actually explained by Ernesto to Matt Hover from Land Surf when making an adapter for his rims to a Kaly. It works, but eventually, it damages the drives, which we wouldn’t want, especially with not being able to get POM gears now.

1 Like

That is correct, and that’s totally fine. The thing is, it’s not compatible with Kaly gear drives, that’s all I’m saying. Due to the forces and tolerances, like I explained, this can be an issue due to faster wear.

These wheels use the huge over the top and unnecessary double row angular contact bearings , 3201-2Rs that will literally last a lifetime. These are the strongest wheel bearings ever put into a skateboard platform in the world. Kaly over engineered the shit out of his products. Probably because he was big guy and liked to do that. On the battery side not so much… , see spec 3201-2rs https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-3201-2RS-Angular-12x32x15-9mm-5201-2RS/dp/B07RQRZFZZ

1 Like

ohh yea totally overenginnered don"t get me wrong but his gear drives by most are still considered some of the best most robust least maintance gear drives due to that so cant complain there battery wise def should have been more there

You might want to better explain the forces and tolerances you are describing as you have quoted that these Hellcat wheels don’t have “dual angular bearings” when in fact they do as I have specified above.

1 Like

It’s pretty obvious he doesnt own the hellcat wides, @hoytkid maybe chill a little and do some research.

Do you really think ernesto would make rims that would not fit his boards?

Here is s pic of the bearings i put in the hellcats vs your regular 10mm axle eskate bearing.

1 Like

I’m not sure what the issue is or even if there is an issue. But there’s no one on here that would have a better idea than Jeffrey. He worked with Ernesto for quite some time as a borderline slave. Safe to say there was some kind of concern with those wheels from Ernesto.

Just waiting for these to sell so I can list mine.

2 Likes

The issue, is that guy thinks these hellcats have regular bearings that can’t handle the axial force of the kaly helical gear drive when in fact these hellcats do in fact have the correct bearings (i.e. the ones he said above that they don’t have) and can mount to Kaly gear drives provided they are connected to MBS PCD and Kaly gear adaptor. Interestingly I think someone is confusing with older generation of Kaly wheels…anyway its easy to spot as the photos I attached show the bearings and the bearing spec.

They say, there are infinite universes where all things are possible…(FFS) Yeah, one would think.

1 Like

So, you’re using the dual angular bearing in them then? I recall being told by Ernesto that the bearings used in MBS Rockstar 2 and Trampa Superstar hubs are designed to fit in this hub. My comments are based on my recollection of what Ernesto shared with me. He explained the forces involved, which is why I mentioned it. Ernesto conveyed that the use of regular bearings, as opposed to dual angular ones, would reduce the lifespan of the wheel gear, especially since it was made of POM at the time. This was part of the reason why, when Land Surf began offering their rims for the Kaly, with those regular bearings, they included an adapter to fit the Kaly gear drive and spacers to match the width of the dual angular bearings. Ernesto had suggested to Land Surf to incorporate dual angular bearings before they finalized the hub design. He didn’t mind or care about third-party hubs for his boards, but Land Surf decided to proceed with the original design, which used a single row of bearings. Everything I’ve mentioned is based on information directly conveyed to me by Ernesto. If he provided incorrect information that turns out to be accurate, I’m fine with that. I’m merely sharing the information I was given, which I’ve taken as fact because he was the owner of the company.

You probably misunderstood what he was telling you.
he was probably telling you the benefit of the dual angular bearings vs everything else.
you took it as the hellcats were in the everything else group.
When they do in fact have dual Angular bearings,
the hellcat and regular kaly rims are the only ones I’ve ever seen that do have dual angular bearings.

Any eskate wheel will benefit from the dual angular bearings. Fyi, you can actually stack 2 regular 10mm axle bearings into the hole that 1 dual angular bearing fits in.

1 Like