k00k rambles about Raceboard Design

How long is the deck itself right now? How long is the wheelbase right now?

1 Like

from there you can measure yourself the NKP 3-link base plates and figger the rest out…

2 Likes

Hmm… That’s not horrible for short track. If’n you want to change it make the wheelbase 39”

1 Like

hahaha ok… thanks… but I’m going to ride it and see, is that OK with you?

I’m busy makin’ stuff work…

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see what yee do…

2 Likes

we’ll return shortly after a special important word from the EDGE

3 Likes

actual k00k sized feets were added for placement to determine foot pockets

You regular Kooks!! :point_down:

• been thinking on this weird idea lately… why I don’t change to a goofy stance from regular?
1 Like

…so that means that front has less drop than rear (?)

@davidbonde is pressing a similar deck (I baptize it Hugedeck®) back in Denmark; with similar lenght and wheel base and same deck type. Is also made for speed race, and track race with @MoeStooge’s 3-link systems. He can give you some insights.

3 Likes

Kinda make you wanna try downhill this must be exhilarating but I am afraid growing up turned me in a little bitch.

6 Likes

@davidbonde

Hugedeck® :denmark:

4 Likes

Very familiar with David’s work… I’ve been watching… the NKP 3-Link crowd is still pretty small…

long story short, the front is set up with a drop that will let me get this baby LOW to the ground (ride height)… the rear the same… but I added more drop to get a build-in speed ramp…

:wink: :wink:

3 Likes

Hugedeck® :denmark:

• 46,8" inch (119 cms) long
  • 42" inch (106 cms) wheel base
  • 11,6" inch (29,5 cms) wide
  • 28,3" inch (72 cms) flat platform
  • 12s12p battery enclosure
  • Canadian Maple construction
  • 10, 11 or 12 veneer sheets (flex)
  • subtle radial concave
  • with nose & rear cutouts for full tilt
  • for @moestooge 3-link system in mind
  • for high speed runs & 50+ mph uphills
  • for tight short race tracks
  • for conventional trucking systems

5 Likes

Saw that. Ingenious and sexy.

3 Likes

OK class qwiz time…
compare and contrast @davidbonde’s impressive raceboard design with K313
there are lots of interesting design aspects that compare and contrast with my own…
we’re obviously designing a deck with the same intention and there are some obvious design elements that are similar and some contrasting elements, some are personal preferences and some differing elements prove there is more than one way to skin a cat…

I like what David’s done, I hope my effort ends up working as well…

and I’ll leave this right here to mull over… K313

sorry I didn’t tell you there would be qwizzes… but this is a learning experiment…

6 Likes

I thing you’ve miss-fukked track width with wheel base brother

Nice
So, it’s going to be a foam core with vacuum pressed wood plys?

2 Likes

Yours has more space on the edge heelside for foot movement, but I’m a little concerned for the seeming lack of gaspedals, unless it’s just the angle deceiving my eyes.

I do like the look of the ramp at the back though.

1 Like

gaspedals… don’t need 'em, I’ve got board concave…
but yes, that is close to a design element where David and I differ… I LIKE deep concave…
and yes… a 3d render is a bit deceiving and sometimes problematic to make certain assessments…

David prefers much less concave… I like a deep foot pocket, I want the ball of my toe pushing against the concave…

we simply have differing styles…

above are a “zebra” curvature analysis, and some section cuts at the foot-pockets and the board mid-section that may aid you in considering if I’m going the wrong way…

footnotes:
gaspedals… I ride a kaly with the original gas pedals… and I’ve adjusted my foot-placement and riding style to become one with the gaspedal… ernesto (thank gawd) realized a flat deck didn’t work and invented them…
I’m starting fresh and concave works for me…

4 Likes

Will you have whiskey with your water
Or sugar with your tea
What are these crazy questions
That they’re asking of me
This is the craziest party
That there ever could be
Oh, don’t turn on the light
'Cause I don’t want to see

Mama told me not to come
Mama told me not to come
That ain’t the way to have fun

2 Likes

I like how there’s more leverage on the toe-side.

1 Like