Just bought Matrix 2 trucks need advice.

Not sure what deck you’re using, but 35 looks like this

Yea I did, I didn’t didn’t that route because I’m not making a moutainboard ha. It seems like I am but I’m putting street wheels on it so half the kit price I had no use for

Hold on I will link a video to the similar thing that I am doing. I’m not using a board like an evolve or anything like that. It’s not flat ha, ill just link a video to make it a bit more simple

Also for reference are trampa atb a type of channel trucks? Because if thats the case I know it will work because the build I used as inspiration does a very similar thing with them

Ah alrighty then. Understandable. But the mounts at least would surely be what you’re after no…? :upside_down_face:

Ha hea, I ended up buying the boardnamic mounts that were made for them instead anyways so it’s all good.

1 Like

Cool. I’m rather intrigued to what your planning to build now. :thinking::+1:

I can link you to a video that has a similar idea but what im building is pretty different. Going with the same concept seen there where the trucks are mounted on an angle. Where mine will differ is basically everywhere else, I like that concept but not a huge fan of the execution so im changing it up quite a bit in the looks department. Also because those wheels are kinda crap compared to much else.

Link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2erHR49jktg

1 Like

Ats and atb are not channel trucks and operate differently

I have three sets of ats brand new. I’m trying to sell haha

Lol well maybe I’m wrong, but the general concept is still the same tho I’m pretty sure. The ends are still elevated, only difference is the middle is flat instead of one that bends a ton

I lied atb are channels I was thinking they were trampas version of the ats

So then it should work? That’s the hope lol, don’t really want to go through selling them although I could probably do so pretty quick

Theoretically

Well if they don’t and I need different ones and your still interested I’d be happy to sell them to you!

For now I’m gonna do a bit of research on pulleys and gears so see what I need and I’ll get back to you so maybe you can send them with the battery

Lemme know when you need risers. Angled. Mine are sweet. :rofl:

I’m very confused still, are you serious or mocking my decisions? Also I fully intend to use risers anyways to help clearance. So are you selling or just trying to make a point?

2 Likes

I’m seriously saying lemme know when you need to add another 15° to make your trucks work.

Mountain board trucks are meant to work with 30 - 35 degree angled ends. I don’t think non-mountain board-specific decks meet these angles. You can try, and it will work to some extent, but you won’t be able to turn well. As far as motor pulleys go, boardnamics sells a good steel pulley. So do LHB and torqueboards. I’m sure most vendors have something, just make sure it has the right number of teeth. I run a 3d printed wheel pulley on my MTB. MBS now sells a pulley for their wheels. Other vendors sell them too, but they probably cost more than MBS or 3d printed ones. As long as they are for the right belt width, the wheel pulley just needs to be for the right wheel, and the motor pulley just needs to have the right inner diameter for the motor.