Just bought Matrix 2 trucks need advice.

Hi guys, I just bought some matrix 2 trucks for my board. I am going to be mounting dual 6384 motors onto them, I still need a mounting kit and pulleys etc… any advice would be much appreciated on where to buy and what to buy. Also still need to decide how many teeth to use for the gears, any help is much appreciated!

Order of operations matters for smooth building. 5 is before 7

I’d recommend sorting out the mounts first, then the motors.

2 Likes

Use the calculator linked above to target a desired loaded top speed that’s slightly above the fastest you want to ride.

Higher Kv is more efficient over lower
Bigger gear reduction is more efficient over lower

1 Like

I already have the deck chosen. I am going to be modifying a globe 8 inch deck similar to what kamijuins did to mount the trucks on the elevated ends. Like the look of it. Also already have the enclosure sorted. Since it’s a stiff deck for the most part I have made a custom enclosure out of carbon fiber coated 1/8inch material. (Don’t recall the exact name of it). Already also have the battery sorted, it’s being made by @TheRef and it should be shipping to me this week. The esc is also already done, got a flipsky 6.6 dual esc from someone on here. Just bought the matrix 2 trucks so I need to sort out the mounting for them next

Boardnamics makes some mounts

Like Brian said though I would check what kind of speed you want in the calculator before choosing gearing.

I saw those, they look very promising. I’m just wondering if I get in on the next order scheduled in a few days if I will get a set or if they are already all accounted for. @Boardnamics maybe you could clue me in?

I’m gonna start a tally of how many times you post this lmao!!

3 Likes

Lemme know when you need risers for 35°…

After getting a set of BN gears I’ll have to say they are great, max tourque 5.20, higher top end 4.60 just depends what your going for.

1 Like

Why do you think I will need risers?

1 Like

Cause what angle is your nose and tail?

Deck has not arrived yet, still in the mail. Should be here by the 7th according to tracking info. I have a set of riders already but the metal ones don’t sound too bad to me. Can you attach photos of the ones you have?

I have so have some mbs gear… mounts and such I could send it with the battery unless you want new…

I already bought the trucks and I just talked with boardnamics about getting their mounts. I have placed and order with them for their mounts. So on that front I am good, but am still searching for gears and pulleys.

You need 25-30 degree deck with channel trucks though…

I’ll buy your matrix 2s and you can just get BN trucks… :joy::man_shrugging:

1 Like

I have a plethora of gears and pulleys

1 Like

Won’t the matrix trucks still work by mounting them on the ends? Correct me if I’m wrong by the ends are elevated at an angle that appears to be somewhere around that 30 degrees

Because im not mounting them to the bottom flat section, im redrilling the holes for the ends that are angled upwards, I see what you mean but im not using the predrilled standard holes. I’m redrilling the ends and plugging the holes that the board typically comes with

Did you not see my comments on your earlier posts…? Electric board solutions does the entire mechanical kit for mbs matrix 2 including trucks, mounts, pulleys, belts, hubs, wheels, tubes, bearings.

1 Like