Janux-esk8 Aluminum Hubs to fit Direct Drive

I think the motor fitment ring has a taper. This may have made the fit a little tricky.

Always wear a professional grade automotive paint mask when you do any work that creates aluminum dust or filings. Aluminum dust is something that you do not want to inhale.

What say you @Janux-esk8? Loctite 242 on the hub bolts?

2 Likes

I have good result with Loctite 242, actually used it exclusively on all my builds.

1 Like

hey @love2scoot

You should put some 242 on the adapter bolts also. I just did some maintenance on mine and the adapter bolts had loosened on one side despite my lock washers. I’m switching to 242, discarding the lock washers.

Do the new 60 KV DD perform better than the 75 KV with 6-8 inch pneumatics and Janux hubs? Or still better not to try this combination?

No, I wouldn’t recommend it. 4wd only imo.

3 Likes

I ride (for a year now) 6" pneumatics with 58KV china DD (rear only) and it works fine for me. So my suggestion would be to get a single set and get a feel for it, if it feels underpowered get another set and make it 4wd.

3 Likes

I guess you are a much lighter rider than me? I weigh around 100 kg (220 lbs).

Concerning the 4WD setup: do you actually need 2 batteries and 4 VESCs for that?

Nope, just 2 dual Vesc (4 singles) and one battery.

1 Like

Thanks. And how do you connect a single battery to 2 dual VESCs?

1 Like

You will need a parallel harness. You connect the main portion (I don’t know the correct term) into the battery and then the other two ends will split to go into both your escs.

Something like this

2 Likes

Thanks. Just realized that it is exactly what I do with 2 non-dual VESCs i.e. 2 single VESCs.

1 Like

Ahhh yea totally… idk why I didn’t think of that. I’ve never used no dual so it slipped my mind. So yea exactly the same concept except with duals.

You could do it with 4 singles… idk seems like a lot more work for me tbh but same end result (I’m almost certain)

2 Likes