IWonder Pulley for HUB motors

I will ride it for a couple of months and report back … I hope I can :crazy_face:

2 Likes

No offense, but how heavy are you? If it works for you, it would be interesting to see if the bolts deform or break over time

1 Like

~ 100 kg or ~ 220 US pounds

Often also with backpack, so around ~ 115 kg or 253 US pounds

I also thought of putting some titanium bolts in there, perhaps; however, I cannot find those in M4 and that long length?

2 Likes

test it out stock so we can find out if the product as they sell it is a fail.

Already kinda looks like a fail :laughing:

Could somebody tell me if the speed that I now see with the 105 mm wheels on the Backfire Mini’s remote is more or less or the same than it used to be with the original 85 mm urethane wheels?

I have now ridden the thing a couple kilometers over mixed terrain (grass, cobblestone, dirt trails with 3-8 cm rocks/stones, sand, and, of course, asphalte) where I also rode my Trampa spur gear mountain board in the pre-Covid-19 world previously. The Backfire Mini doesn’t have enough power to push over most mixed terrain crazyness that I have been throwing at it unless you are going at 20 km/h or more which is too fast for me with this setup and in these conditions (cannot handle it and judged too dangerous). Also I cannot go uphill on grass or dirt roads - not enough power. Of course, battery gets drained very quickly in these conditions.

Besides that and on flat surfaces the thing handles cobblestone and also grass to a certain extend rather well and, so far, my overall experience is rather good. However, it’s too short to tell yet … Nevertheless, for my riding style the advantages (mixed terrain riding now possible) currently very much outway the disadvantages (range reduction from ~ 10-15 km to 5-10 km). I noticed though that you really have to be careful with the brakes: they are weaker with the larger wheels, especially downhill.

1 Like

My friend please be very careful. You are essentially riding a board where the rear wheels have no axle.
I know that there is the back up og wheel but if one of those adapters lets go downhill then you are coming off period.

I would be looking at a way to trim the hanger material to get the motors closer to the kingpin as in the direct drive system so that you have some axle through the wheel.

I seriously think that this is a bad accident waiting to happen so as I said please be careful.

@Hide
if I may make a suggestion.
If you were to try to polish this turd then maybe include an axle extender in the kit that can travel through the adapter and therefore through the wheel. Rather than having the axle as part of the adapter and relying solely on the plate bolts.

6 Likes

Hey @Hide! I have a Backfire G2T and even though the CloudWheel website says I need the 5-bolt pulley, I’m 95% sure my board would need the 6-bolt (PJ00603) - See photo :slight_smile:

Can upload more photos but am 100% down to test and put these adapters through the ringer!

1 Like

Sorry think you won’t find him here :rofl:

1 Like

Why not, what happen?

1 Like

he @Hide

8 Likes

you can go to the Cloudwheel website,bro.

1 Like

I am always here. :joy:

1 Like

coz i am made a new products

3 Likes

what’s the new product?

1 Like

Black core should be a recall. And the clear core version should be the replacement.

You replace me cracked black core with another black core one. That’s not safe

1 Like

I think so

1 Like

So what is the update on this setup??

2 Likes

@Hide I currently have a Meepo NLS Pro 2020 Model with M4 remote. It has a six hole pattern. Have you sent any out for testing to see if it works on Meepo Boards?

2 Likes

@Eriesjm, Hide doesn’t work for IWonder anymore. You should keep an eye on these instead:

Thanks for the info