Iwonder donut for meepo hubs

Absolute garbage at the same thing happened to me and they sent replacements in the same thing happened to The replacements ( that they lied and told me they would make out of different material) and then gave me my f****** money back when they broke. Screw those adapters and those liars!!!

Ok, so last month I received another set of adapters as the clear ones started cracking. their rep said they finally fixed it so they sent me a full set of 4 for my awd board but i was a bit hesitant. I swapped out one pair and it seemed to work finally.

Weather has been crap so I hadn’t been riding but I put about 40 miles on the new ones and just hit every curb and bump i saw that I thought wouldn’t throw me (and one that did lol… ouch my shoulder) and no damage.

No cracks or anything. The latest ones are black and look like the original except that the original ones i can break if I squeezed it in my hand - new ones i could not even though the seemed to flex about the same.

Finally! I was on the brink of just calling it a loss but it it survived. The old ones would throw chunks after just a few miles - new ones look promising and have no signs of wear or cracking. Im going to swap out my other set and take the new ones off to inspect them once my shoulder and road rash heals up but ill call this resolved. If they last enough that i can see wearing on the cloud wheels then im happy

1 Like

I’d love to try them someday, but I’m not sure I want to spend literaly twice the price of a set of exway wheel+sleeves for a product I’ve heard so much disenting opinions about, plus I’d probably end up with a set that isn’t the last itteration

1 Like

If i could go back in time and avoid this sunk cost fallacy experiment i would. I really like hub motors, ascetically they far and away better imho than out-runners visually and audibly. I just can’t find any that are good enough to justify the extra costs. The best most expensive options are only marginally better than the cheapest kits on Alibaba.

The bad adapters break in the first mile or two so if you must have these you will know well within warranty and the turnaround from letting iwonder know to having a replacement was only ever a week or two. They replaced my bad adapters long after my warranty period. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ your call but im not making any more hub boards for a while

I already run the exway hubs, they are much better than I’d expected seriously, so probably their uerthane not that bad, I guess I’ll stick with that
maybe I’ll switch to 4wd maybe not
It just make for a lite board

1 Like

I was hoping the cloud wheels would be enough to handle the nasty roads where i live, and they do make a big difference in the road surfaces that I feel comfortable riding on.

The problem is I underestimated how bad the roads are. So many of the dedicated bike paths and trails are full of potholes and gravel or the worst seems to be concrete roads with 1-2” seams every 10-15 feet that can have big potholes or massive lips that can grab my wheels and kick the board out from under me.

There’s just no comparison between 120 thane and 175mm pneumatic tires. They do different things

2 Likes