iWonder Discovery 120D Cloudwheel discussion

Can you elaborate? I’m confused. Bill is starting up a new forum? Who is managing this Forum? What is the new Forum?

1 Like

This guy very trustworthy

3 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: who started esk8.news

It’s a case of “enemy of my enemy is my friend”

1 Like

I found a new way to charge an electric skateboard!LOL

3 Likes

Does anybody tested the New CW Discovery with TBDD Abec adapter?
Thanks!

yes, and it works, perfect fit

3 Likes

WTF haha you mofo lol you done some digging,pretty sure this is from my first build on the other forum from like 2016?
My first ever build,I done a couple months of research from building my own battery,vescs and other reliable components for one bit of circular metal to fuck me!
I concur with you and @rafaelinmissouri from experience,100% use spacers :rofl: but in my defence from memory I think the kit was missing spacers?
About to purchase a set of these 120mm cloudwheels any more updates would be appreciated :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Caved and got the 120D… tried the 110 TB and have 160 AT… the 110 is kinda overhyped for my type of riding (NYC terrible streets). So far I like the 120D… handles the imperfections of the streets well and I regained some range when compared to the 110 TB

3 Likes

Was kind of considering the TB 110 after my 105s got run over and crushed but ended up going with 120s to replace them instead. I was concerned about range so I’m glad to know 120s get better range than TB 110s

3 Likes

Think because the 120 smaller contact patch and lighter weight is contributing to better range.

3 Likes

This has caused me problems with traction. I too live in NYC, and I’ve nearly slid while trying to turn quickly on road that is… Suboptimal at best.

1 Like

This has not been my experience. Minus 15-20%.

6 Likes

I have to agree with Bill. I have found the 110s to have more range. I really wish they would make a bald 120mm cloudwheel with a less curved profile. While I’m at it, use 72a urethane too.

6 Likes

I guess at first cloudwheels get less range because of the profile but as soon as it wears out they should achieve more due to the smaller contact patch?

1 Like

hollow whe cough cough … nevermind

Patch/contact area will increase with wear (like what happened with Rough Stuff), so not sure range will benefit.

3 Likes

Yeah… Contact patch increases over time, surely that will not result in better range.

3 Likes

I’ll test out the range for the 120s this weekend and see lol. I used to get 10-12 miles each battery with the revel kit on 105s. And 15+ miles on 90mm.

1 Like

wheel size, weight and hardness all have an impact on the range of the skateboard

1 Like