iWonder Discovery 120D Cloudwheel discussion

They are shipping me a set to test. Any day now add me to the list.

I weigh 255 lbs. So let’s see.

I have some OG cores that havnt cracked yet

3 Likes

Standard skateboard bearings are made for 8mm axles. If you get bearings that will fit in the wheel and have a 10mm hole, then you can use these.

I’m told that I should have pulleys on the way to me within a week. Here’s hoping that happens and they work. I’ll report back when they arrive!

EDIT: Just noticed my flair. Ha.

1 Like

As promised, 150km update:

I know that’s not a ton of distance to go on, but given that some problems have cropped up even earlier for some, it’s something.

I neither babied the wheels nor went out of my way to unduly torture them, just took them on my usual rides that consist of varied quality pave, curbs and grates (both covered and louvered), and the occasional construction zone. I have the same casting imperfections we’ve seen before, but no indication of breaking in either the spokes or the bearing seats.

Will do a 500km update when the time comes.

Still digging the feel of the wheel and what it offers. I did chunk the right front, though (shown in the last picture).

Drive wheels/clone press fit pulley with integrated bearing/rider weight 235 sexy lbs:

Front wheels:

Chunky cheese:

15 Likes

That’s a huge chunk man…

4 Likes

I’m starting to sense a pattern

1 Like

I might have a chunking problem.

5 Likes

Speaking of the chunking tb110, a rider from my local scene recently chunk his while doing slides on the tb110 wheel as well…

1 Like

Let’s see how mine do
I’m 255lbs and don’t tread lightly

4 Likes

Looking forward to your report. You have clone pulleys at the ready?

What do you mean? I have pulleys in my parts stash that already fit.

1 Like

@BillGordonn are you using their pulley? how many teeth and do you have a picture of the side that faces the motor…with the bearing in it?

No, from my pile 'o stuff. Their pulleys are not out yet, AFAIK.

1 Like

Finally received mine after almost 6 weeks enjoying stopovers in Gangzhou, Shanghai, Seoul, the Philippines, Australia, and finally home… Global shipping has taken a severe hit!
Ironically those good chaps at iWonder included a freebie

Quickly mounted them on my push/paddle/wing board, and aside from the weight, it makes moving through the hood very smooth, being oblivious to cracks, pebbles and grassy patches. That makes a big difference in the dark, and when mildly intoxicated. The amount of glide is an order of magnitude better than the 105mm rubber wheels I’ve had temporarily. No more of that handbrake feeling that made them unpushable!
Hope they don’t crack cause the feeling is pretty good indeed.

2 Likes

Unless it’s a trick of the light, these appear to be the old core. Please check them periodically for cracks.

4 Likes

Definitely a trick of the (lack of) light, those are the clear core Discovery. Even so, I’ll still check them for cracks every now and then

3 Likes

Oh, good. We’re not out of the woods yet with Discovery, but I like what I see with these so far. Look forward to hearing your feedback at some point.

1 Like

Hi,my friend.
if you have any problems,contact our after-service(service@iwonderpower.com)
BTW,your cloudwheel is not discovery version,is old version.
Please check them periodically for cracks.
your friend,hide

1 Like

Can’t you guys just stop sending out the old core ones?its a bit scary thinking your wheels would crack while riding

1 Like

WTF bro?
I did order the D very soon after they got released. Only one color available back then.

Core is clear, spokes are thick, what else am I missing?
Edit: Looks like I don’t have the “Discovery” writing on the wheel, I guess due to early batch of them.

Safe(ish) or not?

2 Likes