Issues with sensor detection fw 5.2

Is “HFI start” an option on 5.3? Only need temp sensors connected. Worth a try? But that doesn’t solve the davega issue on 5.3

1 Like

Idk where that sensor issue in 5.2 is coming from, but a workaround would be to do motor detection with 5.1, write down the sensor values, than update to 5.2 and manually enter the values for the sensors.
It’s not the greatest option, but if nothing else works that could be worth a try.

3 Likes

Yeah i wanted to try that but i don’t know how to downgrade to 5.1.
Also if it works with 5.1 ill just leave it at that

1 Like

I couldn’t get sensor detection in 5.2 and 5.3 either.

1 Like

Right, damn that sucks. How do I downgrade to 5.1?

1 Like

https://forum.esk8.news/uploads/short-url/bH2a2YBAtCAm3cCHLCAEUPJeg5.zip

This is the vesc tool that came with 5.1, download this vesc tool and use this

From @Ricco’s thread

2 Likes

Phew I’m glad this thread got made. I’d heard of this issue 2 or 3 other times but never got follow through on it.

I too, was running the sensored life. I updated to 5.2 FW and noticed it failed to detect both motors. I figured I pinched a cable as I had installed a new esc (stormcore 60d+) and was messing around in there. Turns out I did break a wire. I patched it with a new one but still couldn’t get either motor to detect.

Unfortunately, when I tested 5.3 beta FW, they still came up unsensored so I may have just broken them both at the same time. Time will tell.

5 Likes

I fortunately haven’t come across that issue on both boards. Unity (hubs) and neoboxes (6374s)

I believe the unity does show unsensored but it runs butter smooth, no hfi enabled.

2 Likes

This could very well be my issue too to be honest but haven’t investigated further yet.

1 Like

Interesting, you must be lucky. Yes thats what’s shown on mine too but it’s definitely not smooth,

Yeah that’s why I’m not focusing on the stormcores yet, I extended the sensor wires so I may have messed up some soldering. But the flux I definitely didn’t touch, it was working well, and all I did was a fw upgrade

1 Like

A bit more troubleshooting today, I installed the vesc tool with the 5.1 fw compiled, re ran motor detection wizard, same issue.

I then did manual motor detection, on each motor, and when doing sensor detection on the “bad” side i get this error

I then swapped sensor wires just to see and ran detection again, and the other side is sensorless? Wtf

So I then tried swapping with a brand new motor, and ran detection again, same issue…

This is so frustrating lol, please help.

I dont understand you suspect the vesc tool to throw issues?
I’ve had issues with “bad hall results received” as well

I don’t know whars causing the issue, that’s s the thing. It was working perfectly with the old firmware, a’d started messing up when i upgraded to 5.2. Same issues on my stormcores, so that why I think the firmware is the issue, I definitely could be wrong though.

I’ve had issues with “bad hall results received” as well

How did you resolve your issues?

1 Like

For the detections where you got exactly 60.00A Motor current there seems to be not only an issues with the hall sensors.
60.00A is the default value for 750g motors if the motor current couldn’t be calculated during detection.

2 Likes

just a note, 5.1 has a can id bug so if you have a logger or something or other that needs info from both sides of the esc, you won’t be able to

Hey guys, I’m back. I downgraded to 23.46 with the Unity tool, and redid the setup, and I think everything worked well. But then Davega doesn’t work… Has anyone successfully installed a davega on a flux?

I think there may be an older version of the davega fw that works with unity fw?

@janpom could clarify

2 Likes

Maybe I talked too soon, does that mean that a sensor is not properly detected?

I’m so done with this, like @Tony_Stark said, “Sensors are a PITA”

1 Like

Yep, that indicates motor 1 hall is whack.

I hate sensors and wish motors just worked perfectly without them.

1 Like