Isnt there a way to create a high beam button on the remote for the lights in front?

I have always had this idea of integrating a high beam button to the remote as to warn people infront to move out of ur way. Do you guys have any ideas how it could be done/ extra ideas like blinkers, brake lights etc.

1 Like

TelTail Lights (TTL) - Interactive eSkate Lighting System
There’s this thing.

As a dead simple solution I wonder if a foot switch rigged up to a simple circuit that switches light modes would be easy to make work.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea but I don’t think changing the placement of ur foot at 20-30 km/h (sidewalk speeds) to warn people is ideal as you might lose balance, so the only way people are gonna get warned is by the sounds of you falling down :joy:

5 Likes

even on the street this would be awesome. would be great to have the opportunity to flash people in front the same way you can do in a car

1 Like

you’re remote battery will power this. Dremel your case, squeeze it in.

1 Like

Exactly that’s what I mean

I also though of that but that wouldn’t be easy, my idea was to integrate it in the pcb of the remote, like if this can be done on the firefly remote it would be fuckin awesome

You really shouldn’t be doing 20/30 km/h on the sidewalk, it’s dangerous for the pedestrian :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

By that I meant walking pace not exactly 20-30 kmh and I always drive on the bicycle lane

1 Like

Some controllers already come with an additional momentary or latching channel. For example, the nano remote has an extra channel for this. You could do it that ways. This was definitely something I’ve considered at one point.

2 Likes

If ya wanna do it the lazy but pricey way, Gloworm sells lights with remote control, and their lights have a city mode with a bright/dim alternative so you can click a remote button to switch back and forth… I’ve been running one it’s pretty great.

1 Like