Is it possible to fabricate a differential for esk8, thus allowing for less motors but still getting 4WD?

Hi guys pretty new here read through this thread look at this thing some dude just posted in one of the Facebook groups. Apparently it was a gas board first and he’s had it for 40 years, 4:1 gear drive. Can run any wheels supposedly too.

12 Likes

So cool, you have to get this guy over here :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

He said it has build in differential o.o

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Wow, this looks rock solid :heart_eyes:

1 Like

That’s freaking cool if I may!

Get’s me thinking : isn’t it possible to design similar design but with dual gear drive or belt drive after the differential?

One center motor on a differential unit at 1:1 ratio, middle mounted on any truck (probably reverse mount is easiest choice) + two regular belt or gear drive units on each side of the truck + two shafts running on each side of differential?

Would require only motor mount and differential R&D but could reuse existing drive designs. So high choice of trucks is possible too.

You’d call it the Wiggle drive cause the motor looks like a tail.

2 Likes

Update: his base was an old motoboard, and they’re still being made by the same guy who still offers excellent service.

Got any link?

2 Likes

Forgot all about this thread. Lmao. I work a lot. I will message dude and find out, and try and get him over here too.

5 Likes
1 Like