Is it possible to fabricate a differential for esk8, thus allowing for less motors but still getting 4WD?

Ok now you’re pushin. On even 2wd and 4wd when the wheels lose traction, it yanks the board to one side. Acceleration needs to be biased to rear wheels by about 50% during launch or the front wheel does a burnout and you’re never sure which front wheel grabs first and yanks the board in the other direction. When you’re braking and you’re skidding the back wheels, there is noticeable side to side shudder, which is why on 4wd I bias 75% of braking force to front motors. Heck, even the raptor motors would spin a wheel on a sharp turn.

4 Likes

This thing is so awesome, Benjo!
Great to see someone did it this way.
Jenso did something like this with an inrunner motor but i bet you know about that :wink:

3 Likes

so much this this this!

Is there no chance to run 1 motor on 2 esc to have a safty backup?

Not sure but at that point you might as well just spend another $100 and have a second motor haha

3 Likes

That would truly be kinda stupid :eggplant:

1 Like

its not always about the money, its about what is possible.

thought it could be somehow like a second belt for one motor like it is done with the extra long shafts on single motor 2WD, you know what i mean?
If theres trouble with one esc, theres the other one as a backup.
Just for sience, doesnt have to be the best idea in the world. :man_shrugging:

No I’m saying the only point in ever running 1 motor and a differential/same shaft is to not have to use a second ESC lmao.

At that point, I think everybody can agree, use a second motor.

1 Like

yes i know dude, but i just simply fucking cucumber in ass asked if it is possible mr knowing it all!

Just in case you’re unaware,

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood why you’d asked.

I believe you can run 2 esc to same motor but it’s slightly complicated programming wise

4 Likes

Yeah, thanx dude. Now i am happy.
peace bro

Dude, I ride 15" wheelbase singles all the time and yeah occasionally this might happen but it’s 99% marketing point and 1% real life problem, and I’m on the setup where it’d be the biggest problem of all.

I’m not saying that’s not a thing.

I’m saying it doesn’t matter. Saving the cost and complexity and risk of failure from all the extra parts is a much bigger gain for me than fixing this which is almost irrelevant and almost never is a problem.

Brent, most of my boards have one ESC.

The ones that don’t are wired as two singles that share only a battery and transmitter though

I actually meant to say the above w/no differential as well when I wrote this. I presumed that would do much more pickling and tickling than a differential

1 Like

Yeah, Brent.

1 Like

You shut your fucking mouth Friedrich Nietzsche

5 Likes
1 Like

That is cool. I’m gonna work on that this summer now lol

1 Like

You just need to design some kind of ridiculous hanger that the differential can fit inside.

I’m not sure if tkp or rkp is better suited space wise.

Actually a channel truck would definitely be best choice.

1 Like