iRemote - Introduction & Testing (Beta)

Bravo! Absolutely gorgeous work here @WavRX

Design aesthetic is pure sex.

14 Likes

My dog needs knee surgeryā€¦ but she still has three good legs. Maybe Iā€™ll buy another remote instead :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@WavRX Are you doing left-handed remotes?

Put money down for oneā€¦ since @DerelictRobot wonā€™t sell me a ossr :stuck_out_tongue: alsoā€¦ my wallet now hates you @WavRX

2 Likes

@Kai Dimensions are: ~67x29.5mm / 2.63x1.16 in

@glyphiks Yes, multiple transceivers can be paired and saved on the remote.

@DerelictRobot Thanks man, I appreciate it.

@tomiboi I might start offering left-handed versions in the future, but for now its not available. Itā€™s already feasible to use it on both hands due to its round shape.

2 Likes

Nice, not too big. Wouldnā€™t be too difficult to make a handle or a different casing with one. I donā€™t like the puck shape at all.

Any chance of a low-cost reciever for those of us with an alternative telemetry device?

1 Like

Thatā€™s an unfortunate answer, but after 43 years of being left-handed, Iā€™m extremely used to it. I picked up a remote to test out. Iā€™ll just have to make my own left handed enclosure.

2 Likes

I mean, the enclosure itself is an easy change, it is already perfect for both left and right grips, except for some minor directional bits like the pinky finger rest area, the extra button on the side and the palm grip.

The pinky rest area is somewhat tricky to mirror over without making PCB changes.
The extra button doesnā€™t bother when held using left hand, except you loose easy access to it.

Throttle direction can be easily reversed on software and I added that to my TODO list.

Iā€™m going to give it some more thought, meanwhile let me know if you have any suggestions.

1 Like

Agree with this here. All my boards are already running metr.

2 Likes

A standalone transceiver is planned, just not in the near future. I didnā€™t see much benefit in designing two separate modules that share almost 95% of their components. Even with both functions combined, there are still plenty of resources left.

My design idea is to create a mesh network, with iLogger more like a central unit, it has CAN and UART capabilities already implemented in hardware and software, and can directly interface with Vescs. Plus it is capable of RF communications.

Then there are peripheral devices like the iRemote, that can easily connected to that network, and gain access to telemetry and control wirelessly.

5 Likes

i forgot about one thing also, better get it (C) (R) ā„¢ and all that, we all know what some vendor is capable of, and letā€™s not forget u use isomething, not worth the trouble from apple

3 Likes

Need more remotes with this. I tried some of the wand prototypes with this feature, feels so nice :+1:

Looks like alot of hours, I wish you the best of luck :slight_smile:

Iā€™m guessing the price reflects the current status of the IC market? Whats the actual BoM cost on this?

6 Likes

Thanks for thinking it over. Lefties make up about 10% of the population. We appreciate the consideration :blush:

5 Likes

Iā€™m a righty, but use lefty remotes in my right hand. Iā€™m addicted to having a fisheye mirror on my remote.

2 Likes

Also righties that use their left hand for the remote :grin:

3 Likes

Do you actually do this? Thatā€™s crazy to me thinking of controlling my remote precisely with my useless chunk mitt of a left hand.

7 Likes

Iā€™m a lefty and only use the remote with the right.

Same with my mouse.

3 Likes

I do it so I can use my phone while I ride

12 Likes

I do it on my mountainboard with the Puck, some tricks need the right hand to be free

2 Likes