iRemote - Introduction & Testing (Beta)

Thanks!

Maybe in the future :slightly_smiling_face:

Indeed, not to mention how volatile the current chip market is.

4 Likes

This looks great congratulations. Very clean UI!

5 Likes

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I spend way too much time thinkering with the UI :smile:

4 Likes

Pretty UI is a weird thing to think about in a remote, but it looks worlds better than the other screen remotes (minus OSRR, that one is cool too)

Looking forwards to it

Im really torn on this.

It has every feature I want from a remote. Seems like loads of effort has gone into software such as OTA and FHSS. UI looks well considered. Hardware features make sense like CAN and software shutdown. I fully understand the amount of time and effort that it must have taken to get to this point. @WavRX you’ve done a great job here and should be proud.

But . . . (probably unpopular opinion incoming)

The other part of me thinks that its a lot of $$$ to spend for a remote. And your paying that much to be a beta tester.

Not sure about else where but in the uk it works out at ~£265 to get a remote and receiver shipped and that’s before you get nailed for any import tax.

4 Likes

Looks the business! Love the tight iLogger integration too. Nice touch.

Is it worth me waiting for the dual-trigger version?

3 Likes

375€ including 19% german tax ( + a few € or % of the total amount for customs Handling fee)

1 Like

Total in eur with shipping to spain, remote+ ilogger 332€ (no tax)

2 Likes

Oh man, those import taxes are insane. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

1 Like

Considering that we already have a cheap and reliable remote (Puck, possibly mini remote too), it makes sense to develop a reliable and feature rich remote, without worrying about price at first.

I think some extra form factors are needed (trigger / dual trigger, or different shapes, because many people dislike the puck form factor), but otherwise I think these will sell out like hot-cakes, just like OSRR did.

Looks awesome! I hope beta testing goes well :slight_smile:

P.S. I really appreciate the extra logical ouptuts for toggling lights on/off, or a horn. All smart remotes need this!

5 Likes

This! love it!

3 Likes

@rusins Thanks, appreciate it.

I definitely have plans to expand on this and adapt it to different shapes/styles. This should start happening as soon as the beta testing is done. what comes next is totally up to the community and will be prioritized by higher demand.

6 Likes

nice to see more remotes available to the market

just one thing to add, wireless charging

1 Like

I am curious about this, @WavRX how far in the future do you think these will be available?

On my daily driver board it’s got lights control with my Maytech V2 controller, do you have any details on how exactly it will work?

With the Maytech V2, it has a relay on it, but what might yours offer?

1 Like

Signing up for beta testing! :smiley: That is if you don’t already have enough. :slight_smile: Sick remote, I was following your progress on Instagram for a while now.

2 Likes

@ShutterShock As of now, to keep things simple, it is purely logical output. The extra button on the remote can be set as momentary or toggle, which sets the digital output on the transceiver as high or low. I have plans to add some effects like pulsing, flashing etc.

You can then use that output signal to drive whatever you want, ideally the signal would go to a logical level mosfet.

All previous versions of iLoggers already have one channel available on the pcb, future versions will come with two where one of them can be used for reactive brake lights.

@Linesflag Cool! Thanks for that :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

6 Likes

Okay I see, that makes sense

So we’re talking probably a separate custom circuit to trigger that. Cool, at least the option is there.

Ooo this looks cool. What’s the dimensions like? Is it smaller than the puck? Can I get a pic with a bic lighter or a banana? Lmao

1 Like

Apologies if it’s already been mentioned, but curious if it’s easy to pair between different receivers/iloggers so you could use one remote for several boards?

Super keen to see how this works out, it all looks great.

3 Likes
3 Likes