iRemote - Introduction & Testing (Beta)

7 Likes

Does the standalone receiver have support for the digital output button? I’d like to bound it to a horn

2 Likes

Yes it does support digital outputs.

4 Likes

I just picked up @newyorkdeathrace remote since he bought a ducatti and started neglecting his board

5 Likes

Heads up, just spent 30 minutes bashing my head into the wall trying to figure out why my ilogger wasnt connecting to wifi. You have to disable ESPNOW temporarily for it to connect to wifi

2 Likes

I don’t recall having that issue on mine how old is your ilogger

1 Like

Newest version

1 Like

It says for iremote. disable for wifi connectivity its intentional

1 Like

16 Likes

Great side by side comparison! Thanks for posting that.

And yes, to enable Wifi access on iLogger, ESPNOW should be disabled from the app first, this is intentional.

6 Likes

I’ve only put a few miles on this remote but its literally perfect for my smaller hands. I’m amazed by the remote and the extra throttle throw makes my board so much easier to control. My one complaint is that it’s a tad bit jerky going from no throttle to forward but it’s not bad and was helped by a little bit of negative exponent curve.

7 Likes

Fair warning to some of those out there with larger hands

It is VERY hard for me to hold the standard shape - due to the large throttle throw, which is great, it results in a very cramped position on full braking. I have not tried with gloves yet but bare hands make it very difficult. For reference, I had this same issue with the puck, until I tried it with gloves, and that made it much better

I will cover this in my first impressions video - hopefully to come in 2 weeks or so

That being said, the tail one seems to be a bit better, but still not perfect, IMO

6 Likes

Thanks for the feedback :+1: It’s really great seeing people enjoying the remote.

I’m assuming you are using the “Vesc App” control mode right? In that case as you already figured out, adjusting ramping values and exponent curve will smooth it out.

I’m going to be releasing the shells for modding soon and add many other different base shells to choose from.

This gave me an idea to add a throttle throw limiter. The larger throw angle really gives us plenty of flexibility to customize. The limit angle can be easily set to be adjustable from the remote software.

8 Likes

This is great information. I too cramp on the puck, do you cramp on the tail one too?

Like I said I haven’t ridden with it yet, but the tail one seems like it will be easier to hold

3 Likes

Also petition to add a throttle lock to the remote firmware

Maybe a combo button press or something

3 Likes

Its already there :smile: Go to settings, plus button, and change the function to :

• Safety Hold: Sets the button as a safety switch. Hold to unlock throttle, release to lock.
  • Safety Toggle: Hold for 3 seconds to lock throttle, hold for 3 seconds to unlock.
4 Likes

Oooh that is cool okay - the toggle is definitely what I was looking for

3 Likes

Would it be possible to give this feature an alternative button? Like, say triple clicking the power button. I found myself pressing and holding the plus button by accident while riding and I dont want any unfortunate accidents to come of that. I like the way the puck and OSRR do throttle lock

5 Likes

Sure, added that to my todo list for the next update to support other input combinations. Meanwhile you can disable the lock function by changing the button back to Ch1 control for example.

3 Likes