Introducing the BKB Xenith

I just wait like 2 minutes until the list stops jumping around, then QUICKLY select it before it moves again.

It shouldnt be this hard :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, it’s total bullshit

Get metr
rename ur board to some obvious name that no one else has
…
Profit? Nah, instant select

1 Like

Ill rename my board “111AAA” so its at the top of the list. Also, I really dont like how changing settings works on metr. Weirds me out and makes me scared I’ll fuck something up since its so unfamiliar. On a xenith or unity I’m not sure if the metr settings should be doubled or not etc

1 Like

Yep, metr works too

But sometimes I use the regular bluetooth just for TCP forwarding for programming. I just deal with the list jumps for that. If it was every day, I’d be crazy by now dealing with that shizz.

I mainly use my metr only for telemetry, I never do changes via metr, but that just me. I know others have done that regularly

1 Like

I do changes on metr regularly, but I don’t have a unity so I don’t know what the difference is there

I never do changes on it, but I do use the TCP forwarding to make changes from the desktop.

You can go set your phone on the skate in the closet, and walk across the home to the office and program it from your desktop computer.

3 Likes

It picks up every Google device in my home along with other random Bluetooth devices. I’m talking like 30 devices. Even worse, I click stormcore and it will still select others for me as it scans.

Unity app only picked up stormcore and unitys.

Jeff just needs to clone himself so he can work out a decent mobile app.

2 Likes

We should just an estimate for a very good vesc app for android and crowd fund it. I’ll throw in $100

1 Like

If only its that easy, my board and my closest pc is right opposite of my house with like 3 walls in between, even wifi won’t get through. Each time I need to program my esc, I need to bust out a broken screen 8 years old laptop and fight the battery life. That laptop won’t hold more than 20mins of charge. I need a new cheap laptop if anyone got any suggestions

metr isn’t bad, and it’s less than $100.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I know. I plan on buying it. Just wish we didnt need a 3rd party physical accessory for it. This whole thing isnt really a big deal.

1 Like

They charge you for the software by requiring a hardware key.

1 Like

I just name the xenith once and it auto pulls to it first. Oem bluetooth, metr, stormcore and the freesk8 one

1 Like

scanning for bluetooth updates that list in a random ass way… with no indiction that the scanning is in progress or done.

when it finishes the list settles down and you can click things.

so… I scan, wait for it to settle. then connect.

yeah, all that’s there is the ble hash most of the time. ( unless you’ve “named it” previously)
i have used BlueSEE on a the mac to scan ble devices and see a bit more info to identify say my metr name and then the id to pick it out of the list. then I be sure to “name it” in vesc tool

[ I believe the esc_tool “name” is only saved in the tool and not on the device. ]

does sound like you’re problem is vesc_tool confusion nothing to do with Xenith.

in addition to what @b264 said (turn on RT App data on right side. ) :

if the app to use isn’t set to PPM or PPM and UART. then you won’t see the PPM menu where you can calibrate PPM.

2 Likes

I had a Unity in a board, and it was riding fine. Then I put the Xenith in the board, and got hit by a bird while riding.

I have NEVER had that issue with the Unity, so this is absolutely a unique issue with the Xenith.

Buyers beware, the Xenith either attracts birds, or causes the board to aim directly at birds.

39 Likes

I tried to rename it but then I can’t actually connect to that name when it pops up I have to select the generic UNITY name that pops up as well…

What is the point of being able to rename the VESC if it still broadcasts the og name and that’s the only one that works :man_facepalming:

1 Like