Introducing Lectec - Educational Electric Vehicle Kits for Kids + BKB Updates

Hey guys, Jared here from BKB! Sorry for being MIA around here recently. I firstly wanted to introduce Lectec, a new company (independent of BKB) that makes educational electric vehicle kits for kids. Our first product is what I know best, an electric skateboard kit designed for kids aged 7-12. With this kit, they will learn how motors, pulleys, and batteries work, assemble a board, and then get to go ride! Just like BKB, everything needed for assembly will be inside the box (all parts, tools, and assembly materials). The overarching mission of the company is to inspire the next generation of engineers by providing an interactive and engaging hands on experience!

Lectec will be launching on Indiegogo this Tuesday, November 29th at 9am EST! And here’s where I need your help! My goal is to have the campaign fully funded within 30 minutes of it going live. So if you believe in the idea and would like to support it, please do so on Tuesday between 9 and 930am. If not, no worries! You can still support the project by sharing this with as many people as possible that you think would be interested! You can watch the video and read more about the campaign here:

I then wanted to provide some updated regarding Build Kit Boards!! Lots of exciting stuff going on if you have been keeping up to date on Instagram. I have recently sold a majority share in the company and there is a new CEO! Quinten has quickly taken the helm and will lead BKB on its 2022 roadmap and beyond. This will allow me to dedicate the time needed at Lectec, give it the funding it needs to achieve its fullest potential, and all of this can occur without BKB missing a step.

Q will be using this account from time to time, so if you have any questions for either of us leave them below! Thanks for the past 5 years of support, and heres to the next 5!

18 Likes

Is it really an electric skateboard if it has handlebars like a scooter? :smiley:

Cool concept tho, would be great to have kids actually understand stuff early

4 Likes

Its easily detachable.

4 Likes

Spill the beans does it have a VESC supported ESC?

LingYi

Nice concept :slight_smile:
How will (do) you manage having exposed XT battery connectors and kids? Is the BMS discharge protected or fused? I think letting kids the ability to short a battery connector (you can short a xt connector with scissors for example, and for personnal experience, I was quite the stupid kid with fire and electricity) in a kit can be dangerous real quick if it’s not well protected :wink:

1 Like

The bluetooth bmses we use, i forgot the name can be turned to discharge off in the app. Would be a good point to add such a thing.

Not that bms software “xiongxiang” though, if there isnt spywhare im that monstrosity im suprised :rofl:

1 Like

Battery and charge port are fused!

3 Likes

LIVE ON INDIEGOGO - FUNDED IN 30 MINS

4 Likes

Congrats!

Got some ballers in on the campaign :rofl:

6 Likes

Looks like a great project! Did I see that ur using a VX1 with the kit?

1 Like

Hey Jared.

What happened to Lected and the indigogo? I see that it was fully funded 7 months ago and 6 months ago there was an update that all backers are receiving a refund.

3 Likes

Thanks Emma, that was a very useful post :roll_eyes:

Is that watson emma, jeez we got famous people in here now!

Im hoping pitt brad gets in here too.