Introduce Yourself and Share Your Plans (SERIOUS)

Gooooo team welcome!

2 Likes

#3 hand is me. I have switched nail polish to “Fuchsia Surprise” now, though.

3 Likes

Fun fact I learned today:

The most expensive nail polish you can buy is $29,000 a bottle and is made of ground up black diamonds.

Bottles headed your way, hope it doesn’t get lost in the mail.

1 Like

Welcome. If you wanna add more range and top end to your Prototipo you can fit a 12s6p with a 1/2 inch rubber gasket. Ask @Sender for pics of his.

2 Likes

yeah, he said 12s7p 30qs even.

I fit a 12s7p in my Prototipo with 30qs.

but haven’t seen pics. I should ask.

also noting this build with 10s6p Samsung 50Es though that’s less total current avail. and i needz that current for hills and heft.

2 Likes

@Venom121212 & @BillGordon

Thanks a bunch for the warm welcome. I definitely was not expecting such. And here’s a picture of the LCD screen from the enertion Raptor 2.

So yeah if you have can help me figure out how to replace this I would be beyond stoked! I know it’s hard to tell where I fried it :laughing: It seems that I touched the 2 terminals with my beautiful solder job and when I fired up the battery it kinda exploded.

1 Like

Here’s one. You can use the info here to find one locally maybe.

1 Like

Wow thank you!!

1 Like

No worries. The black cover will come off the voltmeter so you be able to do a direct replacement.

I’d ask @JohnnyMeduse about the BMS. He might be able to direct you to a replacement.

3 Likes

!

I squished a 12s5p in mine using 20700s

I think I’m going to go 12s4p 30q for my second prototipo

3 Likes

Why on Earth

2 Likes

Cus I don’t need the range
And I like the feel of a lite board

3 Likes

how come the staggered layout in the front, rather than two more parallel packs side by side with the unity in front?

2 Likes

I can’t really remember, I just know it worked out better that way.
The BMS is just under the motor wires along with the remote receiver.
Im still undecided as to what battery I will be building for the second board.

4 Likes

Ah, I think I see it. some of that between battery channel gets used for the unity. saving space on the narrower top row for the BMS.

thanks for another picture! <3

1 Like

I’m from Kansas City. I grew up skateboarding, BMX, kiteboarding, and snowboarding. I saw some trails where I live and thought how much I miss the involvement and fun from the Northwest.
Saw a cool Trampa board…hours of Youtubeing and driving my kids crazy. Then I thought why buy when I could learn how to make what I want. Then…I stumbled upon this forum and have been happily reading and learning from you guys. So from knowing nothing to
Build plans here go nothing
10 or 12s mountainboard (I’ll buy the battery ) not yet confident to attempt to solder
6374 170kv dual belt drive
I’ll most likely go mid grade on my first build to get the basics incase I fry all the parts.
I have all the parts except battery and VESC.
Looking forward to building and chatting with everyone in this community
Thanks-Dan

6 Likes

Welcome, Dan! Sounds like a fun build plan. Are you planning to top mount your battery?

BTW, one of the guys just dropped a great soldering tutorial:

2 Likes

Welcome man! Trail riding is a blast. Not having to pump a bike is even better haha.

Go 12s. I was considering between the 2 a long time ago and got recommended 10s by someone and regret it :expressionless:

Luckily I’m light weight and can get away with it but I’m currently looking to upgrade.

3 Likes

Bill,Thanks for the tip! I’m not sure the position of tbe battery yet. The deck is supposed to get here Thursday. I was going to loosely build /put it together…then the inner struggle. I have not seen many options other than lipo’s for the top. Will be reading up on the thread you sent.

3 Likes

The short explanation for lipos is this. They are great for amp delivery, this is awesome in hills and for torque required situations. They are crap for charge cycles.

3 Likes