Introduce Yourself and Share Your Plans (SERIOUS)

What hump?

Thanks for agreeing to help the staff and the community out, @afishcalledwanda . Welcome to the team, and I’m so very sorry for the abject horrors that are about to engulf you on a daily basis.

2 Likes

You see,Wanda @BillGordon , we’re all terrified of embarrassment. That’s why we’re so… dead. Most of my friends are dead, you know; we’ve these piles of corpses to dinner. But you’re alive, God bless you, and I want to be, I’m so fed up with all this.

3 Likes

I had no input in this guys

This is all @mmaner’s doing

We were fine but he felt alone.

3 Likes

I had nothing to do with it but I approve :grin:

2 Likes

Hello guys I’m Tim. I just turned 17 and i’m studying electrical engineering. I live in Belgium.
I got into esk8 1 year ago when i went to work for my first time and used the money to build a very cheap board. It was around 380€. Top speed was 31km/h and a range of around 20km. Not long ago my battery broke and i’m saving up for a 10s3p 21700 pack now. I just bought my first 3d printer as a birthday gift for myself. Today my nylon filament just arrived for making a new battery enclosure since my new battery is a bit bigger. And nylon is pretty strong. I’m running a single belt drive right now but i’m planning to upgrade to dual drive soon in july/august. Also, esk8 is not legal in my country but i passed cops a few times and they seem to not give a fuck.
Right now i want to buy some kind of bluetooth module so i can see speed and stuff on my phone. Which apps out there are good for that?
And does the metr app work with a non metr bluetooth module?

5 Likes

Welcome, Tim! Here’s all you need to know about metr:

2 Likes

Hi I’m Roper, 20 year old in Arizona. I’ve been into esk8 about 2 years now and have been a lurker on the forum for a while haha. Never really got around into making an account. Finished two boards, first one was super cheap as a way to get around school. But after that I felt like I wanted more, so the hobby decided to drain my wallet with my lastest build. But basically I’m here to ask for advice and maybe sell some used parts I have to then visit in new parts and the sell those when I get something else, etc. The cycle will forever continue :joy:

6 Likes

Bumped you up a trust level for posting and messaging.

Welcome, Roper!

1 Like

Welcome man, throw up a build thread for your new wallet drainer and let’s see what you’re working with!

2 Likes

Funny this is how @BillGordon refers to my boards

4 Likes

Funny because we refer to his boards as ‘Throw-Offs’

Right @BillGordon, right?

Edit: too soon?

5 Likes

Screen name

Hi all, I’m Chaps, 22, from Texas, Moving to Colorado. I’m studying Physics and I have a fairly strong background in DIY stuff. I have already built my first electric board in high school, a single belt drive with lots of enertion parts. Of course, my first build was fairly unwieldy, but was fun to build and I learned alot through it. I have been looking to build another electric board is easier to use as a daily commuter while also having range to explore on normal or gravel roads. I am not looking to build anything fast, just light, easy to recharge, and low maintenance. I’m probably going to start my build thread soon. Does anyone have recommendations for decks and enclosures?

7 Likes

Welcome man! What kinda board are you wanting to build? Mountainboard, long board, short board, street carver… Pneumatic wheels or urethane, etc.

2 Likes

Welcome!

Thanks, :smiley: I am probably looking to make some mix long board or mountain board. I have long boarded for years now but I would be new to mountain boarding. (I heard its alot like snowboarding in using more hips than feet?) I am also looking to try using pneumatic wheels with the option of switching to urethane sometimes. This time I am looking for a 10S4P or 5P with a dual belt drive for the wheels. I think I would use 190 kv motors but I do not know if a lower kv would be better for my use case.

Welcome! I had in mind using PU instead of pneumatics, but the build took me in a different direction. As I’ve seen many mention, start with the deck and enclosure; it’s hard to change things the other way around. Make sure that the kv is reasonable for your needs given the battery pack, pulleys, wheels, etc being used.

1 Like

doritos

2 Likes

@Nickgig say hello to the forum and give us an idea of what you are doing?

@BillGordon can you please bump this mofo?

1 Like

Hi there building awsome three wheel diy eboard

2 Likes