Introduce Yourself and Share Your Plans (SERIOUS)

Something like this is what got me into this idea in the first place - The FIIK BigDaddy

A buddy of mine mentioned how he wanted one, and I scoffed at the price. Told him I could build one better with more range and speed. Little did I know :smiley: It ended up costing me more than the price of one of those boards just to get everything tested and working correctly. The price he paid was well under the MSRP of one of those.

Enter what i call the JankBoard:

• All 3d Printed motor side
  • Wheel Hubs, Motor Mounts, Motor Pulleys, Motor cage Stiffener.
  • Padded Lipo safe battery bag (Temp Solution) <- buddy wants to fab his own.
  • ROTM MBS Atom 90 amazon special for 150~ at the time.
  • Some janky AF wobbly ass tires that make me pucker more than the Ducati does.

But alas I had a blast learning and dipping my toes into some hobby level electrical engineering, now I’m building my own board - which with the lessons learned will be better, faster and with longer range than the original concept.

2 Likes

I am a software person by trade. Love to tinker with evs. Currently messing around with an awd M365. Would love to get it to 72v with a vesc controller.

3 Likes

Rad! Where are you based out of (my guess is oregon)? we have quite the eclectic group here hailing from all parts of the globe. while you are certainly not obligated to share some find it helpful when answering questions that may be colored by one’s locale

and dont let anyone give you sh!t for scooter riding, we are all family
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Yep portland Oregon. Thanks for the nice welcome.

4 Likes

oh from stumptown - my apologies i did not mean to offend with the “eclectic” comment. clearly Portanders are squarely in the weird category :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not sure if you’re aware, but this is happening in July:

Welcome!

4 Likes

is there a way to get email notifications for booked marked threads?

2 Likes

You mean to be notified of any new posts? Just set the thread to “watched” and you’ll be notified of any changes.

Can’t seem to be able to find that button. Is it the bookmark button? I am on a phone.

1 Like

You should see it there.

Hi, I’m from Los Angeles. I usually go on runs at the Venice beach boardwalk and see quite a few electric skateboards, which piqued my interest. A bunch a googling lead me to this forum. After many weeks of lurking I decided to join the forum and take the leap into building my own board.

I’ve slowly started to gather parts. I recently purchased an Evo 36 and Switchblade 38 and I’m about order a Skateshred board (the practice build). Also got a press fit motor mount from @moon on the way. I know I want to get Surf Rodz RKP trucks with Torqueboard 110mm wheels. Beyond this, I don’t have a clear direction yet.

Anyway, this forum is a great resource, I hope to learn a lot from you guys and eventually be able to contribute.

6 Likes

Welcome! Looks like you’re taking your time and choosing quality gear. Looking forward to seeing what you end up with. Cheers!

Thank you Bill. It’s at the bottom of the thread and reads “Tracking” untill you press it and select the watch option.

2 Likes

Hello hello :wave: I’m Renee. A long time friend of @DerelictRobot. We’ve worked together on several projects over the years. He got me into esk8 almost a couple years ago and I’ve been lurking around.
I’ll be building a few things here and there so I’ll at least share some pictures along the way.

10 Likes

Welcome, Renee! Great to see you here, and thank you in advance for any embarrassing stories you can share about The Portly One.

5 Likes

Your avatar haunts my dreams at night Renee.

What neural network nightmare did you unleash?

6 Likes

You realize I have to keep the avatar because it creeps you out so badly? Love ya buddy

4 Likes

@Eboardextrem welcome - you mention youtube does this mean you have a channel? perhaps share a link to some of your activities

2 Likes

not difficult to find, just enter Eboardextrem.
you cannot share links here says the page

1 Like
2 Likes