Introduce Yourself and Share Your Plans (SERIOUS)

Go DIY and never look back :rofl:

1 Like

Haha, if I had the time I would. Eventually I’m sure I’ll build something of my own, but for now I just want to get out there and ride :wink:

1 Like

Get a Lacroix or a Kaly then :grin:

A trampa is nice but they don’t sell a ready to ride board afaik?

2 Likes

Always been shocked by this

2 Likes

For sure, my biggest problem with those are ground clearance and my weight. Also, Lacroix doesn’t rate their boards for waterproofness at all, so that concerns me a little when it comes to getting a board with such a high price point. Are Bajaboards really not that popular around here? I’ve sent a few messages to them and they’ve told me that their boards should be able to handle light rain and small puddles, but to just make sure to dry it off when I get home and not to take it out in super heavy rain.

Trampa boards have a couple of pre-builds I’ve been looking at. https://www.trampaboards.com/pro-external-spur-gear-drive-electric-mountainboard-c-1428.html

Edit: I see that I’d have to provide my own battery with that setup. Still, complete enough for my limited build ability.

@glyphiks did a good pros and cons list. He might chime in.

2 Likes

Yea, I was looking through that thread. I’ll keep reading through it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good to have you here!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll be sticking around for a bit if y’all don’t mind :wink:

2 Likes

At 130kg your options are limited. 4wd would be your best choice.

The 4:1 ratio with 190kv on the Kaly would lack torque for you unless you went for like a 140kv instead…

Same with La Croix… but they’re both street boards…

Your best bet would be a trampa, 6:1 gearing, get some beefy motors and they are somewhat local to you.

Edit: don’t even bother with Baja. At your weight it is bound to break and replacement parts will be a fucking nightmare.

3 Likes

Right on, good advice :slight_smile: Any particular motors you’d recommend?

6374 minimum. Im not sure what motor options @Trampa offer, but I’m sure they would be more than happy to help you tailor a board to your specific needs :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I was thinking about buying motors from nexus. Are they any good?

6376 and hand wound + highest grade magnets. These in combo with 1:6 are creating a lot of torque at the wheel.

1 Like

There is so much good stuff on here! The diy BMS and remotes look like fun projects. I have a blank board and some torqueboard trucks and wheels coming in, time to learn to fall gracefully!

1 Like

Hi everyone,
Thanks for this great community, the more I get to know it the better I feel.
Let me introduce myself briefly …I am from Belgium and get into electric model build about 12 years going from helicopter build / boat / cars / plane well you know the deal.
About 2 years ago I bought a strange looking board with three wheels and get addicted to it. But it was nothing like doing a DIY board that only came along the way beginning with dual hubs build then a few more belt drive system that may need to be documented. I use them on a daily basis for almost all my trip (as long as it possible).
Going DIY was the best thing I ever did and I can’t stop building.
Ride on and safely.

8 Likes

They seem ok to me.

Hi everyone,

I’m Serineh (like saying serenade but without the d). I’ve been on the forums for a few months and trying to digest what I feel like is an overwhelming fountain of info. Thankfully I have an amazing helper @Arzamenable who has been guiding me along. Ive used esk8 as an avenue to help me in my recovery. My plans are simply to get better at the easy things first, taking apart and putting the board back together so I can familiarize myself with all the working parts. I plan to document my journey this week as I hardwire lights into my battery with the help of my esk8 caretaker ;). I’ve done just basic things and actually enjoy soldering. My eventual goal is to finish chemo and be able to skate without fear of injuring myself when I’m finally at 100%. I look forward to stepping away from being a nurse to get my hands dirty with more esk8 shenanigans. Oh, I also love dinosaurs. That’s about it :upside_down_face:

20 Likes

I hope you have a speedy recovery and find strength in this awesome hobby!

Just continue reading, you will get a clearer view eventually. I have 6 days combined reading time here and on the efoil forum and I am still at the beginning of my journey as well :joy:

4 Likes

Thank you :heart::heart: It makes a little anxious sometimes. Mostly I’m afraid of falling and doing some major damage since I can’t heal well right now. I need to stick to just building stuff right now! It’s nice to meet you!

5 Likes