Interview/topic request [SRO]

I’d love to see @longhairedboy (or another established DIY builder) ride the new MetroboardX on 107mm polyurethane (and maybe 110mm TB110) and hear your thoughts on it versus a DIY build. I’d also like to hear an interview with Ilan about the ESC, firmware, and programming for this new vehicle. I hear it’s a VESC-based design and uses dual 6374, a robust 10S battery, and real PWM (“PPM”) remotes.

And about waterproofing-- how accessible are the motor hall sensors (for waterproofing) and is the ESC conformal-coated?

14 Likes

That would be a nice topic written and executed by you! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

We’ve reached out in the past but the folks at Metroboard and other vendors like Hoyt are mainly interested in video reviews. Once we get the esk8.news YT channel going, we’ll take another run at them.

10 Likes

would love to see a guide on this from you @b264!

9 Likes

Same. I don’t know anyone else that’s done as much abuse testing as i have in water and bullshit. @b264 has some of the worst riding conditions i’ve seen yet and there has to be a wealth of knowledge there.

8 Likes

What happend to the interviews? Loved watching the other ones. Starting to miss them.

6 Likes

Would be cool with a esk8ing focused interview with benji vedder.

and the almighty @treenutter @jamie / redember

6 Likes

Yes please, that!!! and shop tours for both, I am a woodworking hobbyist so I’d love to see @jamie’s shop.
It seems like Vedder is very busy so i’d settle for an interview of frank by @mmaner :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Yes, I agree, and ask if VESC can be licensed to another company too or if it’s exclusively Trampa. I always wonder why we hear what Benjamin supposedly thinks – but never hear from Benjamin himself. Ever.

2 Likes

Because he is always so “busy”. Only got time for Frank…

1 Like

If he said so, I’d believe it. But I haven’t ever seen him say that.

1 Like

No. But that’s more or less Frank’s answer to most questions regarding vedder’s interacting with the esk8ing community / our requests and questions.

2 Likes

Damon is super busy with builds, but I’m sure he has some interview ideas percolating.

5 Likes

Apparently he just can’t stand repetitive questioning that are common on these kind of forums.
And contrary to what we think, Rumpelstiltskin doesn’t have him chained in a dungeon spinning straw into gold.

1 Like

That would def be R rated :grin:

6 Likes

Ben probably wouldnt mind an interview, you just need to book it 2 months in advance.:joy:

3 Likes

@longhairedboy :arrow_up: esk8.news needs this

1 Like

Actually visiting him next weekend, can bring it up :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Vedder is positive to an interview, PM me a date and Ill pass it along.

We workin hard

10 Likes

Awesome. I’ll drop a message to Damon about it.

@longhairedboy

4 Likes