INTERVENTION!!! thread.

I was rocking them bendy TB motor mounts. Bent on me after like 3 rides lol. Dex made those waaay too thin.

1 Like

Oh yeah I remember those! Aaahhhh esk8 we need a museum

1 Like

I will say, I didn’t purchase completes because I couldn’t build a board, I purchased them because the completes were cheaper. As much fun as it is to build a board myself, my wallet couldn’t bare that every time, especially the way I go through boards haha.

1 Like

idkkk
your spending history and current spending says otherwise

and your buying/selling habits as well

what’s it this week

a Pint X or GT and tried getting a flux?

2 Likes

I’m going to chime in here and say I have not seen you own a board for long enough to actually experience any real issues

DIY is finnicky. How many miles has your best DIY run?

For me, I’ve personally put over 2000 miles on one board. What about you? Some respected builders don’t even sell until their third or fourth DIY. At that point, it’s cake @Skyart builds crazy stuff, but I would wager that he built and rode at least a few for a while before trying to sell to someone on Reddit who knows nothing about what DIY should be, or what a high quality DIY with polish looks like

Part of being a good enough builder to sell is knowing how much loctite bolts need to not rattle out, how much padding to use in the board so it doesn’t make noise, where to set VESC settings, change throttle curves, etc etc

I’m not going to stop you from selling to someone on reddit who doesn’t know anything but just think a little bit before you jump into this

Edit: Many of us were here for the AlexTech ordeal years ago, and none of us want to see the community go through that again. Especially because it puts bad press on our hobby

7 Likes

iirc the history of aviator’s vehicles

meepo
diy (incomplete)
xr
alex’s board
pint
flux
incomplete choochoo
something i probably missed

eski “club” components

tentative
flux
pint x/GT

As far as i am concerned this is all within a year
and i don’t recall any DIYs that were actually completed nor ridden

2 Likes

7 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I’ve done many projects outside of esk8 using tools and loctite and am somewhat handy I’d say. I’ll continue to learn and improve as I go and ask for help whenever in doubt.

Fwiw I saw this coming a mile away

@AviatorEsk8er finish your choochoo you coconut
@everyoneelse stop pretending it’s hard to assemble a board, it really isn’t at all. Long as kid ain’t cutting corners it’ll be fine.
@aviatoragain the markets small, don’t expect real profits, that’s why everyones selling and developing parts not completes.

6 Likes

Thanks for the list. I’ve had so many I can’t even remember.

It’s not “hard” but it’s time consuming, requires attention to detail, and requires skill to produce something that doesn’t fall apart, and looks good.

We have yet to see a complete get ridden

1 Like

Man, I don’t wanna finish my choo choo. I never even started it :joy:. Once I sell that deck I can start another build.

I’m not really building for the $$, I’m building because it’s fun.

I won’t be cutting corners and I’ll be taking my time to perfect everything. I’m a perfectionist.

Oh I know it ain’t easy, hell, you got no clue the headaches this Evo is giving me, every time I turn around I realize more little stuff I forgot to order, and routing out and padding a battery pocket was hellish. But it isn’t hard. You have to be kinda stupid to fuck up anything other than the battery build too bad. Use loctite, check all your connection, fuse your chargeport, test drive around 50 miles. It’s a pretty simple checklist.
I know kid doesn’t have the best track record but if he wants to jump let him fly or die.

6 Likes

its not hard once u start, its just hard to start :joy: i love procrastinating to a point where i will give it effort to not touch my esk8 parts

2 Likes

you seen the shitty diy thread or been on reddit lol

1 Like

Thank you Kai. You know I also come to you for help and advice. You’re awesome!

1 Like

@Kai don’t let it go to your head!!! Back to paint sniffin!!!

2 Likes

“kinda stupid” is a minimum requirement for said fuck up, it goes a lot higher xD
But for real if you keep it simple and don’t have any genius ideas you haven’t run by anyone or tested, it’s a simple device we’re building. Battery, motors, mounts, esc, skateboard.

Most of those shitty diy examples went too far, like me every time I mess something up LOL

2 Likes

I’ll take that personally. I’ve fucked up 4 enclosures now. That’s the reason I’ll never build boards for people :joy:

1 Like