International skate club (board shipping list)

Welp. I’m fucked then… :smirk:

8 Likes

If you ever want to come to Lima Peru I’ll be your host.

I have a freight forwarder in Miami, so shipping to Lima could be done this way, I can also ship complete boards by DHL back to any country but without battery packs.

7 Likes

@Ace I love this idea! Thanks for taking the initiative to put it out there.

We can help you with any forum-related supplements; we can create a badge or a category that supports the effort.

As ever, @BenjaminF has got it right… this would need to be an “at your own risk” kinda thing, with a visible warning to participants. There’s no way that we can ensure safety when shipping to another party. The forum can be like Craigslist - we can help to offer a platform to connect people that might want to take part (but we can’t be like ebay, and negotiate losses if they occur).

11 Likes

You’re tempting me to come back to Belgrade as soon as travel is safe, I’ve been trying to convince people to go there for years

3 Likes

I vouch that @abusfullofnuns is a good dude. Met his whole crew on 2 separate occasions and wasn’t raped and or unwillingly drugged.

11 Likes

Yeah, definitely. It’s not well known place. But we party hard, laugh a lot, and have exceptionally beautiful woman. What else do you want :joy:

Anyhow. You are more than welcome here, I’ll provide a place to stay and, I’ll pick you up at the airport even :muscle:

4 Likes

I’m in on the Canadian side. Edmonton, Alberta. Not sure why you’d want to come here. But I’m here, and willing. :slightly_smiling_face:
Let’s RIIIIIPP
Im not very fast lolz

4 Likes

My mate is in LaCiotat. I mean to get down and see him when I can. We’ll look you up…

6 Likes

@Vanarian I remember speaking to you a few years ago about where you live in France and the Monaco grand prix when I went if I remember correctly? I’ll actually be back there next year sometime.
Maybe we can hit the track for a carve haha

1 Like

Thanks, Justin. I would reciprocate the vouch for @Venom121212. Also good people.

5 Likes

I can do Melbourne Aus. Can’t guarantee I won’t ‘test’ your board tho.

8 Likes

Saint Louis, Missouri… Represented.

… If anyone ever comes here

5 Likes

I’m here for Lexington KY (DANVILLE, but I’m 30 mins away from lex)

2 Likes

It’s awesome that so many people like this idea and are willing to receive each others package :joy:

So I would like to navigate the hive mind a little back towards making this possible. I love the enthusiasm that this idea has created. Let’s focus it on making it functional. What do you think it needs to work?

I see two main things needed

1. a way to define forum trusted users to be listed as trusted addresses. @jamie mentioned that it could work like the trusted vendor list where people are nominated and voted on by the community.
    A) what is required to make it a vote? I’ve met @jack.luis in person and been in his shop. I know for a fact his address is a safe place to send my board
    B) I have spent a metric fuck ton of money and traded many parts with many many of users and since I’ve had good business transactions w these people and often great conversations I’d vote for those people. @Arzamenable @Ricco I’ve done trades with and would ship them one of my babies if I were traveling that way…
    ****how do we as a community define trusted?

2. how do we protect our trusted receivers? How do we protect the forum?

A) first and foremost as a business owner I know that the world can be a shitty fucking place and while I would accept boards from a core group of you guys (mainly those I’ve been shooting the shit with), I certainly would not accept a board from a newb or someone who’s only been around a few months that nobody knows. So I think part of how we protect our peeps is by disallowing people to see this fun new feature of our community until they’ve read some number of hours or days worth of our dribble and earned a couple badges. ***let’s identify that!

B) I also wouldn’t accept a strangers $x,xxx board with out a legal document stating that all liability lies with the shipper/traveler. Period. No if’s ands or butts. This will without a doubt will protect our receivers/hosts and further more if it is pinned at the top of the post above the list of all the cool cities we will be able to skate and the members hosting them, then our sacred forum is protected as well. After that document is produced and pinned it would become the receiver/hosts responsibility to ensure that they/you receive that document signed before sending billy bob a pm with your shipping address.

That’s how I think it needs to work. I do need a favor though. Despite being here for 2+ years I’m actually computer illiterate and it would be awesome for someone to throw together some polls we can all vote on/add too.

10 Likes

:smirk::smirk::smirk:

5 Likes

@BigBen @WARMAN It’ll be a pleasure guys let me know when you’re coming so we can meet up!

@Ace May I suggest that it would be probably a good thing for receivers to define a limited storage capacity?

Exemple : Have 2/3 free slots left to receive your board.

If you have a one room flat you probably wouldn’t host as many boards as if you have a shop or a house right?

4 Likes

Photos of the battery being made IMHO

I live many floors above street level.

Not gonna just let any battery in here. No pics is a definite red flag.

5 Likes

San Diego Ca here. Always willing to help a fellow esk8r!

1 Like

I have a dedidcated storage place for batteries… :joy:
I have room for max. 10 batteries.
But it’s Germany though :joy:

4 Likes

Can host in Belgium “Leuven” area.

Also have some spare boards for those willing to go for a ride!

2 Likes