Interesting 12S OPTO ESC

Been peaking my head into the FPV world to see if I want to get into drones and what kind/size.

Came across this:

FOCBOX killer?!?!
“Lipo Killer” apparently
Designed and manufactured in Australia

6 Likes

Damn

• Up to 750,000 eRPM
5 Likes

This is interesting.

However, I have a feeling this either completely lacks regenerative (or thermal) brakes or the brakes are jerky and unsuitable for esk8 use.

The biggest benefit of the VESC™ platform is actually the software and not necessarily the hardware

8 Likes

Only one drama drones dont use regen, I was eyeing off 200 amp efoil escs. Same problem food braking 10Kw best way to destroy my vans.

4 Likes

These do indeed have regen and a control bus likely not canbus but may do the trick.
At $125 DOLLAREDOOS from the australian manufacturer its worth a punt. If nothing else it will be perfect for my single motor scooter build later this year.

1 Like

It seemed good to me too. Easy to add a heat sink to it as well.
It is designed to have high airflow cooling while running.

I wonder how air blown on mosfets vs attaching a alu heat sink compare. I feel like direct to the mosfets is probably better.

I have upgraded a few 4.12 with heatsinks. they are not designed to run in a sealed enclosure

1 Like

yup. Enclosed with heatsink just delays the higher heat.
I easily reach 70+ degrees Celsius enclosed. on my street board.

But mid 30’s with my open variant mtb. Same vesc.

4 Likes

I wonder what protocol would be used with these esc?
Im guessing you’d have to eliminate the Flight controller and wire straight from the rx to esc? Or would you use a flight controller and just map the throttle? Interesting for sure, at this size an electric fan would probably fit. I didn’t see anything about a bec tho

14S 180Amp ESC
Imagine 4 of these in a mountainboard
50 Kilowatts here we come.

1 Like

You’re probably falling for some exaggeration on the cont. Specs but those could be interesting too

Oh Jesus at trampa prices I hope I was wrong with that assumption

1 Like

Yep like chinese torch lumens. Divide by 10
Or like fl?ipsky 6.6 pus can handle 200 amps for 3 secs before it throttles

2 Likes