Integrating lights in your board

I’m creating this topic to ask for a bit of help and so that people can show how they put lights on their boards and help others

I had this idea for a while, I want to put lights on my board and also brake lights, I have the stormcore 60D and the Flipsky VX2 PRO and was wondering if there was any way to make the brake lights bright up when you brake or if not possible to turn on when braking I want something that can be used with the remote like the video from the Hacksmith Industries

On the minute 14:36 they talk about the lights and early on the the video they talk about a custom PCP that makes them able to control the board withe the remote, 10:09

I already found the lights used on the video

If someone has a similar integration I would apreciate that you shared here so that people can also use it
And the lights that you use or a bad experience that you had with some lights

2 Likes
4 Likes

Do you know of anything that comes without the lights?

I could get you a basic kit without the lights if you’d like to use your own. The problem with using a TTL kit would be that you could not control the lights with the Flipsky VX2 Pro Remote since it is purely UART based and doesnt have a button mapped to an output on the reciever.

The remote used in the video above is a Maytech remote that has the switch funtion for lights built into the remote and reciever. The PCB they made looks like it was to distribute the power and regulate the 12v provided down to 5v for the side lights.

1 Like

Controlling it is not custom at all, they just used the Maytech remote receiver to control the head and tail light

I have that set up on my street board

1 Like

The PCB they used seem to only give the voltage they needed for the lights to run at the same time, but the light control is done with the remote wich is a Maytech V2 remote
Some of us use it, it’s a good remote the receiver is a little big to my taste but it’s understandable with the functions it has.

2 Likes

freesk8 remote and lightshow module or spintend

1 Like

Yes, that’s possible - I did it on my last board.

I used a microcontroller to listen in on the throttle signal (I was using a RC remote via PWM, so it was easy) and control an LED driver to increase the brightness when the PWM value was low.
With the VX2’s UART it’s harder because the protocol is more complex, but not impossible by any means.

I also used the same microcontroller to change the output of the headlight driver based on channel 3 (which was a toggle), giving me high beams and low beams.

5 Likes