InfinitySink | Universal Heatsink | Top Mount Boxes

I finally received a pair of the Cheapskate Mini heatsinks yesterday, installed one in my Flux Motion enclosure. Quite happy with how it turned out. Iā€™ve got so many other silver colored things sticking out, (cnlinko charging input, power switch, fastener heads,) Iā€™m not going to bother with anodizing it.

Anyone using proper heatsink paste between their ESC, the 2 layers of these sinks? Iā€™ve never installed a heatsink w/o using some, until now. Iā€™m wondering if I should bother initially. If guys who skate harder than I have frosty temperature w/o, Iā€™ll skip the mess.

2 Likes

Yes always add thermal paste no point in having a heatsink but then dont use thermal paste to keep temps cool while riding. I can get vesc temps to 80c easily on 2wd with paste because i blast everywhere in my hilly ass state but then temps drop quickly once i let off and i could imagine how fast i can get myself to soft temp cutoff without paste and heatsink.

I use thermal paste as well. inbetween both layers.

1 Like

Thank you both for scolding me. Headed out for a fresh tube of thermal paste & some wire to finish off the lighting. (Thereā€™s no room for a jack in the front 3 compartments of the enclosure, so I need to extend all lighting wiring to the back.)

Defo use inbetween both the main heatsink plate, the mounting plate and underneath the vesc itself @emaxon. That will help transfer heat as effectively as possible. I use noctua thermal paste great stuff from everything from pc building to pev building.

I dropped cad I thought, maybe I am wrong

lmao showing my level of file orgā€¦ oopsie

Ordered a second heatsink, but canā€™t seem to get any shipping info, and @surfnacho hasnā€™t responded on here or via email.

Is the site even operational?

1 Like

Last I heard about heatsinks (in January) was that he didnā€™t have any left but still had some cheapsinks available.

Yeah the others were out of stock so I ordered the cheapsink, but I havenā€™t gotten any info regarding tracking or anything. Iā€™d be fine if he got back to me or there was some kind of information, but Iā€™m in the dark right now and about to file a paypal claim to get my money back and order from somewhere else.

1 Like

I messaged him a couple weeks ago and he got back to me almost immediately. He may just be busy Iā€™m sure heā€™ll get back to you.

1 Like

Perhaps, itā€™s been 5 days. For me, thatā€™s way to long to wait for a response regarding simple shipping information.

3 Likes

Just shoot him another message. Heā€™s a busy college student right? probably just missed it and could use a reminder

1 Like

Thanks.

Everything is solved.

1 Like

Yo @surfnacho its been a few months and no sign of the hubs mate, do you have the parcel monkey tracking bruh?

2 Likes

@surfnacho hubs came today

Thank you for all your help, most of the problem was out of your control (USPS ban to Australia) super happy with these babiesā€¦ looks like homeland security had a peek inside.

3 Likes

:eyes:
Maybe there is hope for my prize set from the InfinitySink contest still!? :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

@surfnacho

3 Likes

Oofā€¦ 6 months late after a contest to collect photos for a college applicationā€¦

Not a good look

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hey @surfnacho do you have plans to stock this top-mount box again?