InfinitySink Development Thread - 2020 Community Influenced Universal Heatsink

PMd. I think I got confused because pedro paid for it.

2 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

got it yesterday, thanks bud

3 Likes

Absolutely! Sorry about the shipping confusion.

2 Likes

Are there installation instructions anywhere? It seems fairly simple, i just wanna be sure.

3 Likes

No worries dude.
Was it supposed to come with any hardware? I thought it was but it’s been awhile so I could be wrong easily.

1 Like

Ya I was pretty sure I sent you a plastic bag with the hardware. The bag is very small and usually attached to the packaging. PMd

I do not have instructions. I can make some if need be, no one has asked until now.

Esc attached to plate, then plate screws to sink with 4x me tapped holes. Then sink is attached to enclosure with 4x m4 screws and nuts, or to the box with 4x long m4 screws

Lmk if you need actual instructions, if so, I can make some with pictures and stuff.

2 Likes

Here is how I did it,
flip the escs
Put the mounting plate on it and align the holes, there will be a set of holes which should align
Fasten the screws
The screw heads will match a set of holes on the heatsinks plate

I plan on using thermal paste between each part before installing it in the enclosure.

3 Likes

:+1:t3:

And yeah thermal paste might not be a bad idea. Someone was supposed to do some testing, but not sure what happened.

3 Likes

You prob only need a little bit under where the ESC mounts on both plates and not the whole thing covered but you could use plenty also.

4 Likes

Would it help creating better contact between the heatsinks and the mouse ring plate too? I was concerned that there might be a thin gap between them.

3 Likes

I’m so tight on space in this enclosure but need to start cooling my escs.

I’m thinking I’m going to cut a rectangular hole just the size of the 60d+ in my enclosure and mount the sink and mounting plate outside of the enclosure.

Does anyone see any reason why this wouldn’t work before I go wild?

Looking from outside of box:

Black = enclosure
Red slashes = cutout for 60d
Blue = Infinity sink and plate (outside enclosure)
Green = 4 bolts for mounting through enclosure

Might add a dab of black silicone around the overlap between the plate and the enclosure for waterproof

3 Likes

I think it’s a solid way to save space. I don’t think I have the height for these either and gave that some consideration.

3 Likes

Sooo…like this?

I think he wants to mount both pieces outside the enclosure. So not that way that it’s designed for.

3 Likes

Except the mounting plate would be on the outside as well.

In your case (pun intended and nailed), I’d just cut the red part so the escs are the only through mounted part.

@b264 with the snipe

3 Likes

aah, didn’t read thoroughly.

I personally don’t see a problem. One small obstacle could be the other screws? 4 screws for the heatsink itself + the 4 for the mounting plate. All things that would need to get sealed.

1 Like

Yeah, this is the only problem I would foresee

Lots of sealing and less good looks.

But, more space inside.

2 Likes