InfinitySink Development Thread - 2020 Community Influenced Universal Heatsink

Depending on the box design, I’m pretty sure other people would love them

2 Likes

@Skunk @Esk8Cali

I am working on it rn, idk where the holes and cutouts should go. Any suggestions, specs, or dimensions that you feel would be necessary. Obv need cutouts for power, and for phase wires. Built in xt90/xt60 would be pretty slick

9 Likes

I think if I was top mounting it I would really like to have my phase wires and power wire come out the bottom.
I’m going to be using mine in a slightly different unorthodox way. So regardless of what gets designed I probably want to change it and print it myself

1 Like

Nice! Once you get your design sorted and fitted, could you share the 2d sketch of the cutout for us to adapt to other setups?

1 Like

I think we talked about it. But if you design and print one, I’ll happily buy one as well

2 Likes

Do it.

1 Like

@frame @Agressivstreetlamp @Venom121212 @Skunk @Esk8Cali

What connector ports to we want on here? MR60s and XT90? I can also do two different versions (bullets and then MR60), and make both an xt60 and xt90 fit.

3 Likes

Personaly I were to prefer just holes with cable glands. They are more dirt and dust proof and stays with the “universal” feel

That said. I use mr60 and xt60. (But should upgrade to 90 so either is fine)

4 Likes

Ok, makes sense. I could do cable glands, idk. Would you want them to be similar to whats used in the 3ds top mount box?

2 Likes

i prefer bullet then any MR conectors and I don’t care for XT60 or 90 as i use both, but do your thing, we can make do. just keep it as universal as possible

2 Likes

Yeah this is perfect. You can get any kind of cable glands. It this style is great as it keeps universal compatibility on top. And soldering is a skill that can be expected from everyone here I’d say

2 Likes

shorter cable gland would be slightly better, but im just nitpicking

3 Likes

:100: agree. Those glands are phallic

How’s these?

3 Likes

Also, would you want battery cable and phase wires on the same side? That would be preferred if the battery is bottom mounted, but then if top mounted, you would want it the same as the 3ds one.

1 Like

those are perfect.

1 Like

as long as u don’t put it side ways, im good

2 Likes

I’d say motor out the back. And battery out the side? That works best for both.

Welp guess we disagree lol

Honestly I can work with anything. But I’d much rather have the battery cable not on the same side as motors

You could also just totally omit t
Holes and just let people still holes themselves. Not exactly rocket science either. Idk if that’s too diY

2 Likes

Bahaha. Also not a fan of battery on the side.

I know you guys don’t care a ton, but I definitely want to get it right.

I will try to figure out some slick way to allow for both.

3 Likes

If the box part is printed I’m sure multiple wire routing option’s wouldn’t be that difficult.

1 Like

having the battery cable coming out side ways just seems it can easily catch onto something and jank out the connector, im paranoid i know, possibility is too low for this to happen, but i prefer it doesn’t happen at all :eyes:

2 Likes