InfinitySink Development Thread - 2020 Community Influenced Universal Heatsink

So we doing this next?

s-l400-4

s-l400-3

Now you are talking!! Your version of the submarine! :wink::metal:

3 Likes

Who needs watercooling on their esc when they have watercooled motors.

5 Likes

Yeah, but if electronics, VESC and battery are going bonfire what’s the use of water-cooled motors anyway? Motor can cool off but the rest of the system where the current flows through, what? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

That was a joke by the way :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Am I the only one here that actually has a cooling loop on their esk8?

cool
:sunglasses:

Would love to see it as an optional add on for this heatsink!

3 Likes

Okay fellas, update time.

New plates were ordered late last week. The place that is doing these is pretty quick, so these should be done mid this week. Then I paid for dhl day express shipping which usually only takes 4 days.

I think I should post a product thread in vendor corner or something, this thread has a ton of information that is definitely overwhelming for any newcomers.

6 Likes

I second this, and maybe link it in the first post here

3 Likes

I think considering you have a website now and are starting to offer other services it’s about time you have your own vendor corner post.
The focal point doesn’t necessarily need to be the heat sinks, more like the introduction.

7 Likes

Manufacturing of the mounting plates should be done either today or tomorrow, then just have to wait for shipping.

Let’s just hope it’s closer to the 4 days than the 7.

5 Likes

Hell yeah man. I need this asap haha

:fire:

4 Likes

Yessir, I will be able to ship soon.

I think you ordered for unity right?

1 Like

Yeah buddy!

2 Likes

careful with those temps, pretty sure thats well above rating…

6 Likes

Damn man, I second what Robin said. That’s overspec, I think. I wouldn’t take those parts over 100°C

That’s :fire: hot af :fire:

Keep in mind that’s the temperature of the nearby thermistor and may not actually be the junction temperature of the FETs!

2 Likes

Yeah I was shocked I even hit that temp. It was quite hot that day but still. It’s nice having the temp readout on the remote though to know when to cool it.

2 Likes

Agreed. The junction temp of those FETs will be far, far higher. Even if the thermistor is mounted right next to the FETs.

5 Likes

so whos gonna be the first to design and print a box that fits this heatsink???

waiting for someone to do the hard part so i can change the file to fit my needs lol.
and i wanna print a thing.

3 Likes

I paid for the express shipping today, so now we are just waiting on dhl! Will be here early next week!!

3 Likes

Want this too for my trampa deck

2 Likes

I told @Skunk that I was working on one. But if there is enough interest, I will hurry up and finish it, then make a few and slap em on the site.

2 Likes