Infinity Logger (iLogger) - Micro SD, GPS, WIFI, CAN, UART, Tool App

I copped after reading the thread. Planning on using 3 telemetry devices on the unity if I can figure out how I’m go to power the iLogger with 2 UART ports already taken. Might have to look into an external solution.

4 Likes

@Jc06505n

Now that I think of it does the unity even support can? That or use a usplit.

1 Like

yes.

5 Likes

This is amazing and I can’t wait to put it through it’s paces. I think this will be amazing for testing and reviews

1 Like

iLogger supports both CAN and UART.
With CAN, you just plug the 4 wire cable and off you go, it is self powered and can communicate with every supported device on the network. In fact, it is recommended to use CAN whenever possible because its is much more robust and reliable and solves the overcrowding issue with UARTs.

4 Likes

that’s just too cool. I pulled the trigger.

2 Likes

AH I was under the impression I would need a separate power source to power it up due to this line:

That’s nice to hear!

Would it be possible to record IMU data? Would be neat to be able to export it out as a CSV and import it into the VESC Tool as well:

That 4 wire cable is 2 can signal wires, and +5v and gnd from the vesc. so maybe area for confusion. the CAN BUS doesn’t have power. but the pins right next to it are 5v power.

2 Likes

AH awesome , I understand. Great! Hopefully the unity can withstand 3(4?) devices drawing power from it.

Technically it should be possible to add IMU logging support, I just have to check if the vesc firmware is exposing its data to the comm interface.

Vesc tool is great, but its log analysis interface isn’t really that different from what the iLogger is offering already, also the logs generated are encrypted and optimized for the iLogger, it wouldn’t work out of the box without major changes.

3 Likes

Would it be this line?

2 Likes

Yep, looks like it :grin: It seems like the data is already exposed, I’m going to dig into this further and add it to my “Todo” list.

5 Likes

There is one use case. When you report a bug, Vedder sometimes wants the logs to load into vesc-tool. so would be nice to have them in that format.

1 Like

Got a notification that my order has been processed, does this mean it shipped?

1 Like

I have finished packing up all first batch orders today, and tracking numbers will be sent out in a few days. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

Meanwhile, I’m going to try to get the iLogger app on Google and Apple stores before the packages get delivered. I also need to finish up writing an updated setup guide, going to post it as soon as it’s done.

14 Likes

What a project. Was a pleasure reading through it and seeing the iLogger evolve.

10 Likes

Great follow through! I am exited to get it and give it a go!

So stoked. Cant wait to get mine! In desperate need of another BLE/Telemetry device haha.

Super interested. So if you want to run it from CAN you need to have multiple vescs ? Or can I just run it off of a single vesc ?

It doesn’t matter how many vescs you have

1 Like