Inboard gone too?

Looks like InBoard’s remaining stock liquidation is selling on an online auction. not bad if you can get it for like $100, but don’t know shipping cost. It only shows a pickup address

Facility Logistics
Address: 661 Walsh Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95050

https://svdisposition.hibid.com/catalog/202383/inboard-technology/

2 Likes

Same I’m way to slow. Missed this message and it looks like they’ve all gone. Any idea who bought them? Really need one otherwise it’ll be a hack job but would prefer the real thing personally!

Tim. Looks like there’s another auction happening in a month. Set a reminder! https://svdisposition.hibid.com/catalog/209505/inboard--2/

1 Like

Picked one up with a non working battery and cogging motor (wasn’t told about the cogging motor part tho) for $100 on Craigslist 2 days ago. I was able to nurse the battery back to life and the motor issue was just a loose sensor wire. For being a Pre-built its not half bad. It’s actually a pretty fun ride. When released in 2015 it was defiantly ahead of its time.

4 Likes

As far as prebuilts go, on paper, it still is ahead in a lot of ways.

1 Like

While not bad… It’s got a 10s1p battery, and low powered hubs :thinking:

I wouldn’t really call that ahead of the game when other Chinese brands are pushing 10/12s2p 21700 packs

Even for it’s time it wasn’t alot of juice or oomph, inboard had to push a OTA (if I remember correctly) update to increase power to the motors because it wasn’t enough for some riders :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

The battery range is terrible but the hubs are better than any Chinese hub I have ever tried. The small features like having the remote turn on the board is still something a lot of boards these days don’t even have.

3 Likes

Interesting, I didn’t know that about the remote.

I hope you took photos of the motor when it was on the surgeons table :stuck_out_tongue: I’d love to see what makes it different / better than typical wow/own/Meepo hubs

1 Like

Agreed.

It has a lot of smart features that a lot of boards don’t have along with the quick swap battery and even built-in lights.

Inboard really messed up their situation.

1 Like

I suppose the original exway could’ve been the next iteration of a “smart” stiff inboard esk8 but probably with the built in lights.

I didn’t open the hubs up but I found these pictures-

The windings look quite nice.

It’s also nice that the hubs are on caliber trucks and not some no name brand Chinese truck.

I think the original exway and the inboard are very similar in terms of features.

2 Likes

Interesting how it could be said that exway just really improved on the best parts of inboard and boosted and combined them. and ummm wasn’t interested in building a scooter.

Anyhow the lesson kids if your’re an esk8 brand don’t try to hop into the scooter business.

Well, there was the Stary in between. Not one for the ages.

1 Like

Oh completely forgot about that brand. Did that have an app also? Looked nearly identical to the OG exway

Not sure. It was a misfire, though. I see guys selling them locally for way too much still…

I heard stary became or was bought by exway. No clue of that is accurate tho.

This is what I also was told. They sure learned a lot from it.

2 Likes

Ledec became Stary, Stary became vapor.

2 Likes

Wow. The history of esk8 brands.

I think was some similar overlap of past brands with backfire also and I recently found out Backfire started with a single motor belt drive set up which is kind of funny now that it seems they’re hopping back into the belt drive lane.

1 Like