In the Market for a new board

Who skyart I’m new to this form

Artem is a excelent small builder. I have 2000 miles on a custon build from him i ride in steep hills,fast, no issues, look at his warrenty, that says it all. Its nice to have some place to send it when it stops, working. He is responcive,thats priceless

4 Likes

I have looked into the bioboards and really like them but I am highly interested in suspension trucks like the ones on ecomobl and Baja.

Awesome I will definitely be checking them out. I can do everything except the EU if need be.

This isn’t exactly hungry hungry hippos Bill.

1 Like

I do really like this board I just really don’t want the battery on top and I am willing to sacrifice distance if need be

1 Like

if you want complicated and fragile parts, sure. I wouldn’t.

Disclosure: Never ridden one, just saw enough broken parts to not consider, especially for the price.

5 Likes

I do agree the price is high but it goes over tree trunks, are you saying they don’t last long? Any info on that?

1 Like

How often do you need to go over tree trunks?

I am saying that I wouldn’t want a board that has a lot of special parts that (probably) only that one company sells.

@glyphiks has some great stories i think.

2 Likes

It is when I ride.

hqdefault(1)

1 Like

They look cool, but are actually garbage. Save yourself a headache.

3 Likes

If you want to go over things and go on trails and rough terrain, top mount is the solution. Unfortunately when you have the battery at the bottom, you risk electronics getting chopped, you hit a rock and since you don’t have much clearence you break the enclosure. What you need is a top mount

5 Likes

BTW, @Sky

@karamq has an Ecomobil and I think I recall him liking it.

1 Like

Trampa has some flex i find it to be a good offroad comfort choice.

1 Like

A karam has a propel, and he is selling it for 800 with goodies lol. @Sky I also have a propel endevour that I’m selling for $800.00. Got 2 extra sets of bushings, full set of extra tires, 8 spare 400mm belts and 2 extra wheel pulleys

4 Likes

highly recommend steering clear of ecomobl

11 Likes

I stand corrected. Please don’t beat me up again.

3 Likes

Please excuse my shilling

11 Likes

I’m gonna second this. Anyone I’ve known who owns one says they are great “while” they are working but then you bend a suspension arm or a coil starts to give an interesting noise. Then you start the process of chasing gremlins in the entire suspension system. Also imo if you are gonna go “off road” you want bindings which they dont even offer?

3 Likes

I have an M24, and while i wont fly a flag for them, the suspension is great, I can hit rumble bridges at speed and it just eats it. Many of the connection parts are readily available, rose joints for example are a dime a dozen. Lots that i do like about it but not enough to justify it really. I do love the noise the gears make, big fan of the planetary gears though i might have been lucky to not have to work on mine much. They can be a little tricky from what i understand.

Its far too heavy and riding it takes a little bit of getting used to.
Not enough clearance on a stock setup. The enclosure under is just stupid and shitty, crap seals and generally not thought out.
Cannot program or fine tune the conteollers so you kinda just get what your given.

Theres lots you can do on these boards that you cant even think about on other boards and while you can fit bindings to them, fucked if i wanted to, its far too heavy and i like my legs pointing the way they do currently.

3 Likes