In-stock alternatives to focboxes?

Open the real time data in the vesc tool.
Play a bit with the throttle on the bench.
Also in full throttle position. If your duty cycle measurements are over 95% than something is wrong.

2 Likes

Cheers, when I get time probably next week I’ll take a look. Unfortunately won’t be home to check them out until then

2 Likes

Can’t promise that it’s the root of the issue when the trigger signal inverts, but it’s definitely something that shouldn’t be like that.

2 Likes

Is that any UART remote? I’d be interested in hearing about this.

Did not get your question, but I guess you want to know with which remote I had this issue. It was the OSRR and it works fine with my escapes. So it’s definitely not problem of the remote/receiver.
The duty cycle issue can be monitored with any type of remote. Just switch on real time data and check the duty cycle values.

I thought I had heard about that in the past but I didn’t know it was this ESC. The reason I asked is because I am running the OSRR in mine but haven’t seen that issue.

What firmware did it happen with?

It’s not always easy to reproduce.
I usually had it when I went fast inbetween of a bit acceleration to bit brake. The moment the signal got caught, I could brake with full throttle but the esc just kept going accelerating.
I think the first video shows that pretty good.
What does make a bit of difference is as well the setting of your positive and negative ramping. If you have stock settings it will be triggered maybe once in one hundred brakes.
Still not acceptable for me driving in traffic as well.

1 Like

I really liked the way they felt. I blew one up during thier beta testing and then they sent me a new one. the new one was a production version and it performed very well until we put it on Jake’s board, which is very, very unfreindly to ESCs.

I would say that they’re excellent for standard street and AT builds as long as you don’t take them over 100 battery amps each. They should last pretty much forever like that.

3 Likes

Did you try them out with UART or PPM remotes?

PWM. I didn’t do any UART stuff on those.

Hey guys! I am having trubbel setting my motor max brake setting on the maytech 200A vesc.

Maytech says that I cant put a value over 10A than battery regen. They linked me to this: https://maytech.cn/blogs/news/do-you-know-vesc-brake-principle
And this article has factual inaccuracies.

The reason why I am so concerned about the motor max bra parameter is that I got this vesc and after 2 weeks of use it broke. I do not know the problem and sent it back to maytech. There it was stopped by the import people, and I had to pay 70 $, so I got a good prize from maytech and got a new one. I thought my parameters I used were good, and when I got the new one I sent my parameters to maytech for them to check. Turns out my parameter on the -60 A engine brake was way too high and I should ONLY use -15 with my -12 battery regen.

What values do you guys use for battery regen and motor max brake on the maytech 200A vesc?

I am using an 80 A motor and 10s4p 30Q