[In Progress] NoNa Onewheel | DIY Onewheel build | VESC 6 | PeiScooter Hub/Belt drive

mcgyvered an adapter … the threaded section of bicycle tube + some collar nuts I found somewhere :sweat_smile:

But I kinda loosing my mind on these screwed lids, the screws are no problem as I said but the lid(s). They are very tight and you can’t grab anything I’m propably 4 hours or so into trying to open the motor.
So far I only can spin one lid (valve side) you can see a bit of white gum like stuff through the screw holes when you turn it, probably sealant of some kind (I kinda think it’s silicone, would explain my difficulties).
My hub is already pretty scuffed up now … well I think the only leftover methods to open it up are basicly !heat! and maybe cutting a threads on opposing screwholes, with some screws and a crossbar I could then actually pull on the lid :tired_face:
I can tell ya if the bearings die you will have a hard time to replace them.

Open it up is really a pain, and by the way getting the tire of (and probably also on) is really a pain, too! Quite some hard rubber/nylon compound. Very tight rim section(?), even with soap a real tough to get this bastard only from one side (my hub is still halfway in the tyre :zipper_mouth_face:)

1 Like

good work so far. has anyone considered what to do about tires after it wears down. the rim dimension of outter rim lip is 150mm (5.9 inches). Can it accomodate std gokart tires which are for 6" diameter rims?

1 Like

(Welcome! Bumped your account up.)

2 Likes

is the Phub 141 a 5” diameter tire or 5.5”? I have Phub 188 and it’s 5.5” diameter. Just curious if the maxxis 5” fit over the bead

1 Like

I will check that later, but I’m pretty sure it would fit. Just from quick googling I found some random posts in a kart forums claiming you can mount 6.5" tires even on 130 mm rims.

The dimensions from the phub-147 listing appear to be correct (except for axle dimensions) https://peiscooter.com/10inch-10-inch-10x6-0-5-5-wide-tyre-bldc-brushless-gearless-wheel-hub-motor-36-60v-power-scooter-hub-motor-hally-motor-phub-147.html

The kart rim I have is also technically not correct for a 11x6.00-5 tyre but works (130mm rim would normally be a front wheel with a 10x4.5 tire) which makes the wheel a bit more ballony.

BTW the phub-141 and the 188 (as I’m sure its the same except for the axle) don’t have a relief notch in the rim/motor making tire changing really uncompftable.

2 Likes

Interested to see how this turns out! I think the ability to use a belt driven motor is very good, since the stock Phub is just a bit too slow for these.

2 Likes