In over my head 😬

Is it the same as this

1 Like

Wow, that is quite a lot of potting… considerably less serviceable. Resolving it all does not sound like a good time.

What remote do you have? I wonder if that is also a change they made when they updated the ESC/remote.

1 Like

yowza!!

that’s the idea, yeah

Something like this

4 Likes

@Stephensound A bit different. It seemed like there is a plate over the battery packs, under a pile of resin. I think I could get the batteries out if I really needed too. The BMS is just absolutely coated in the stuff. I also don’t know where the problem is! 20200604_090920|500x500

2 Likes

The remote is pretty, a lot of info on the screen.

1 Like

That might confirm my suspicion to be the case. Interesting.

Someone else suggested testing with another device. Urgh duh, I was just thinking I’ve done all that “testing” but the battery wasn’t under load… So I need to go back retest the packs under a load. The only thing I can think of that can go to 36v is my weed whacker? Sounds like a lot of draw, what should I use? Go to a home Depot or something similar and look for 36v light bulbs?

Well shit… To top that off I knocked the ESC of the bench, the antena stayed :sleepy:. If it wasn’t dead before it sure is now. Well this project just got a little larger.
How much did you charge for the Custom10s5p? @A13XR3

1 Like

Where are you located? If you’re anywhere in the bay area California, I can help you

Chicago

1 Like

Where is that in california

1 Like

Its not :joy:. I’m in Chicago,Illinois. Should I even bother trying to mess with these cells? Or just tear it all out and start new

1 Like

best case theres a loose connection somewhere in that battery, worstcase its toast. If its potted, just throw it out. not worth the hours pouring into it. build a new one!

1 Like

PM’ed. Nice testing method tho, is that a weed wacker?

Hahahahaha yeah weed whacker! I wired up 3 tail light bulbs at first but burnt out the filament on one :neutral_face: