Imagine using brakes, couldn't be me ๐ŸŽ๏ธ

21 Likes

Sheeeeeeeeesh!

3 Likes

Damn I wanna learn to do that. Iโ€™ve been practicing but idk what Iโ€™m doing wrong lol

1 Like

Nice slides! Thatโ€™s super impressive with those huge wheels

2 Likes

for reference this was done on stooge race board airless tires

2 Likes

I skated downhill for 10 years so that may help a bit lol. Requires you to sacrifice a lot of skin haha

5 Likes

Sexy move!

1 Like

Ahh I did push for 10 years but only dabbled in a bit of DH. Speed checks and slides were never something I was very good at. I think because of fear.

1 Like

my wheels would probably snap off

1 Like

more likely the rider high sides and goes flying, I may know this from experience lol

2 Likes

Absolutely, confidence plays a huge part in sliding. When I practiced slides later in my sessions when I got more tired Iโ€™d end up getting scared and throwing my weight forward while sliding and high siding.
As an intro to slides Iโ€™d start with small heelside 180 slides, and then progress to heelside speed checks, and eventually big sweeping stand up slides.
Youโ€™ll likely start just kicking your rear wheels out making little baby slides, and from there try to progress to kicking your board out and leaning backwards while youโ€™re board is sideways, getting all four wheels sliding. Once all four wheels are loose itโ€™ll feel a little scary but keep going.
Try to really get your weight backwards and find that balance of holding the slide with the friction of your wheels against the pavement.
Sorry if this is shitty advice, YouTube definitely can explain it better, but if I were you Iโ€™d just gear up and get at it.

2 Likes