iLogger - Updates / Support / Dev [Serious]

You are right :sweat_smile: I’m going to change that on the next update, making it save when pressing OK.

Regarding CAN, did you change baud rate to 50k instead of 500k?

1 Like

now I did :joy:

everything seems to work now
thanks for your help!
will go out and ride to test more when I finish that board xD

2 Likes

Awesome! Let me know how it goes :+1: :smile:

2 Likes

Test

2 Likes

Looks great! Thanks for testing. I’m going to add unit change in next update as well, to switch between imperial and metric.

1 Like

Here is a screen recording showing what I see on real-time data.

1 Like

@Helno Thanks for the screen recording, it does help a lot.

From the debug log and settings screen, I see that CAN messages are received and processed (>100), but for some reason, no values are being sent.

There are two things that might be happening here, either vesc data is being received but it is corrupt for some reason, or a BLE communication issue with the app.

Do you have access to another phone to confirm if it’s device-specific? Or another Vesc hardware to verify if it’s vesc specific?

@Kalitapaws Can you please confirm if you got a reading from GPS with this update? You mentioned it is working fine on your Android tablet, can you send me a debug log from the iPhone that is giving you trouble?
@tipsy Would you mind sharing which Vesc hardware were you using when you got CAN working?

2 Likes

pair of trampa vesc6mk4

1 Like

Sent the debug log, around 4p of October 9th

For Bluetooth devices I have connected is about a total of 4, that includes the iLogger, an Apple Watch, the BMS, and MetrPro for Unity. It doesn’t work fully all the way on my android tablet but I can at least see live telemetry. GPS is still busted on both, it turns it on and it detects it but it struggles with finding satellites. Attached a photo of it blinking, it’s the TX LED, the PPS LED doesn’t blink at all.

1 Like

Thanks for the log, I went through it and found the bug causing this. It seems that the app is able to detect all 4 connected devices but does not properly return the service uuid, I’m going to fix this in the upcoming Testflight update, it is app related.

Regarding GPS, PPS is what indicates that your GPS module was able to lock on satellites. It should blink once per second. In this case, it did not lock because GPS antenna is inside the enclosure.
I suggest you move the antenna to a clear view of the sky, and wait for PPS led to start blinking to know that you got signal.

Perfect, glad I was able to help. Sorry it took me so long to get this to you. It been busy at work haha.

On this it might be an issue. Currently the enclosure is open and with a clear view, however two other things: 1) it’s a pcb ceramic antenna 2) this is in an under deck enclosure. So I might not be able to use this maybe? The enclosure is fiberglass btw.

It is a passive antenna so possibly might need to look for an active one if I’m gonna have it under the deck and enclosure, thoughts on that?

A module with an external antenna would definitely be better. I use the neo 6m module with an external antenna, where I have it out of the enclosure facing up for the best results.

Another thing I noticed when testing is that I usually get no signal indoors, especially on a cold start, meaning the module needs a good 5-10 min initially under the sky to properly geolocate on first use, then just a couple seconds subsequently.

What I would suggest is first get it out of the enclosure, antenna side facing a clear view of the sky, leave it for about 5 min. When PPS starts pulsing every second you know it has properly locked.
Then mount it in the enclosure with the antenna facing up, and see if it can still get a lock.

1 Like

Hey man, just got an update, got excited and pissed at the same time. Look at this Joke

Order (referring to my note)

55.99 dollars in euros:

Customs:

Does that seem a reasonable amount of tax ?

That seems more like a typical brokerage fee.

Shipper handles collection of the import tax for which they charge a small fee.

More often than not the fee is almost as much as the shipping cost since you are losing that no matter what if you don’t accept the parcel.

@skitzor Oh man, I’m really sorry about that :cry: I always do change declared value for anyone that requests it, but for some reason, your note was not shown on my order dashboard. I feel really bad :slightly_frowning_face:

It seems that Woocommerce changed were they display notes, they used to be visible from the right notes column

Hey man, I also understand that officially you should, but also wanted to give you an impression of what a joke these customs are. That’s over 80% of the value of the product charged on top of it. That just can’t be right.

I totally agree with you, this seems unreasonably high. For anyone that needs an adjusted customs value in the future, please PM and email me just in case I miss the order note.

@skitzor I know this isn’t much, but I will PM you a 20% off coupon for you to use in the future ( going to release some new cool projects soon ).

1 Like

Thanks man, appreciate the gesture, my anger is purely concentrated on customs and not you.
Can’t wait to start logging and looking forward to your future projects.

1 Like

@Kalitapaws were you able to get GPS working? Mine doesn’t want to detect in the app =\

edit: awwww shit, it works! had tx/rx mixed up :crazy_face:

2 Likes