iLogger - Updates / Support / Dev [Serious]

5.1, that is correct.

1 Like

If I understand correctly, after you connect and go to the telemetry page you see the no ilogger detected message?

Yeah, just realized that getting some screenshots would’ve been a good idea. I’ve attached some. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the screenshots, I think I found the bug that might be causing it, and will be fixing it in the next update. Meanwhile, can you close the app, turn off/on bluetooth then try again?

Just tried that and no luck. Is it possible that my other Bluetooth devices are causing some sort of error? Maybe my GPS module is causing them? It still doesn’t want to connect to any satellites.

Just checked with my android tablet and it seems to be okay on that, still no GPS connection. I’ll start shopping for another module.

Could be a Unity specific issue maybe?

I think this issue is caused by an unnecessary check I had on the telemetry page that checks if the Bluetooth adapter on the phone is on or off. For some reason, it does not always return accurate results so I removed it.

I pushed a TestFlight update.

Regarding the GPS module, does the PPS led blink? PPS led is what tells you if the GPS module was able to lock on satellites or not.

So I was able to confirm with the developer of the Cheap Focer 2 that there were no changes in the firmware that would effect CAN or UART communications.

It seems really strange to me that the iLogger can read the firmware version but doesn’t seem to read anything else.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming, I have added detailed debugging capabilities to be able to properly and efficiently figure out what’s going on.

The settings page now shows the discovered vesc CAN ID, as well as if the iLogger has been able to read and process messages.

This is coming in the next update which is expected to be ready today or tomorrow. It does also have several optimizations and bug fixes.

1 Like

Update 0.0.8 is here, Please update both the iLogger FW and the iTool app.

Android update is already live.
TestFlight update is now live as well.

This is another major update fixing many critical bugs as well as adding some core features like proper debugging logs.

This update brings in several optimizations, pushing the iLogger into a more stable state.

Here is a brief summary of the changelog:

• Added debug log screen to properly and efficiently discover and fix bugs.
  • Added Vesc CAN ID, CAN Receive and CAN Messages debug status.
  • Improved logs browsing.
  • Major optimizations.
  • Fixed BLE streaming sometimes would crash
  • Optimized directory listing.
  • Fixed GPS position processing
  • Fixed map view centering around the start of GPS tracking.
  • Fixed streaming of uploaded logs would sometimes crash because of the wrong data type.

@Kalitapaws Please update to this version and let me know if it fixes GPS positioning. I was able to reproduce your issue on my neo 6m module and fixed it in this update.

@Helno Please also report back your testing once updated, and send me the debug log from the debug screen if you are still experiencing issues.

2 Likes

I’m extremely confused why it works for some and not me. XD

Even with update I still can’t go to RT data. I forgot device, uninstalled the app, restated my phone. And then re added everything. Yet that issue still persists. Maybe I need to factory reset the iLogger?

Have you updated the iLogger to firmware 0.0.8? How many devices are already paired with your phone?
If you have updated the iLogger as well, can you please send me the debug log from the app after you go through the issue?

There is a send icon on the debug screen, simply tap it and it will pre-fill a report email, then send it to me.

Edit: If you can also send me a screenshot of the settings screen that would be great. How is the GPS now? Can you see Longitude and Latitude values from the settings screens?

@WavRX

Couldn’t get it to work when I got it, was trying again now with the latest firmware, still not working.
Latest firmware and up to date android app.
Connected over CAN.
Blue and orange lights are on.
Any idea what’s the problem?

@tipsy

Please send me the debug log from the app. Meanwhile, have you been prompted to enter the pin when connecting? If not then you have to manually pair by going to the Bluetooth menu and clicking on iLg1.

If you are already paired, forget/unpair then pair again.

1 Like

Sent the debug.
Pin was entered before (first firmware version), never asked for it again.
Don’t see an option to forget/unpair…

1 Like

I think that’s the issue, with the latest update the BLE stack has changed, so a re-pair is necessary to get it to properly work. On Android, if you go to Bluetooth menu, and click on iLg1, it should prompt you with an option to unpair.

1 Like

ok that worked, now I’m back to the original issue I had - wifi doesn’t ever connect.
triple checked ssid/pass :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Im glad we got that sorted out. Regarding wifi, please send me the new Debug log.
Btw have you got it to read the vesc fw and show telemtry? Which port are you using CAN or UART?

1 Like

Sent the last debug log.
Connected over CAN.
Motors spin and everything works on the vesc side, but real time data on ilogger app is all blank.
And when I enter ssid/pass for wifi nothing happens, no error message or anything

FW 0.0.8
that’s the latest one?

Correct. Thanks for the log, it seems that your wifi info like SSID didn’t reach the iLogger. When you enter the SSID and Pass, did you tap on Ok, then Apply? When you tap on Apply it should bring you back to the device’s screen, and makes you connect again because of the auto-restart.

ok got wifi to connect. I guess it’s not very intuitive, when ssid/pass are entered and I press OK, nothing happens, so having to apply that didn’t make sense to me :woozy_face:

still nothing on the real time data tab though, only the x-axis has the time moving, everything else blank

1 Like