Illume V2 Headlight & Tailight set - $45.99 with esk8 discount

yeah I did that, got a wider wheel base now. It is a worthy sacrifice.

2 Likes

Yea, that is why I made it adjustable. One, so both bolt patterns work, but also so you can choose which set of holes to use when it’s mounted.

edit - moving the light forward is a possibility but it’s a fine balance between how far the light sticks out and how far it sticks behind. Remember there are a lot of boards where the trucks mount right near the lip so the lights would be sticking out where they can be damaged.

3 Likes

Cool lights @Genex, just went for a little spin. I gotta say the helmet mounts beat the roadside mounts in my book, good call on that idea @Skunk. alot of the light gets dumped a foot in front of the board with the roadside mounts IMO - dual helmet tho with different angles I think would provide furthest visibility.

@Genex is it possible to order just single helmet mount without light from you? The helmet mounts are fantastic dude good job!

1 Like

The contour on this sucker is perrrrfect. I use a Scorpion EXO R420 helmet

2 Likes

I would try adjusting the angle of the light when it is mounted on the board. When it is top mounted I can see very, very far. It’s weird to hear you can only see a few feet in front.

Glad the helmet light is working for you!

edit - also can I get a photo from the front of your board to see how it lights in with your deck? For science

2 Likes

The nose on my board prevents it from pointing any higher

1 Like

Add risers

1 Like

Got my light just now and love it. The 30° adapter fits my 15° tipped deck pretty perfectly actually.

I don’t think it will work once my new 30° deck arrives though. The light is very bright and the mounting system is sleek. Great work!

3 Likes

@Skunk you know how I feel about risers…:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, wrong. Lol

1 Like

2 Likes

Wait… the 30 degree fits the 15 degree deck? Did I mess up?

Yep. We’ll see when the 30° deck gets here I suppose haha

Does yours have a cutout? If it does it is 100% 30 degrees according to solid works

Edit I also remember you asking to switch to a 30 degree and I can’t remember if I did or if I forgot… If I forgot I’ll just send you a mount so you can have one for each board

1 Like

I think it will work. It has some swivel in the right direction to play with.

Ah, ok. Your current deck may be a bit more than 15 degrees then, I cant be sure. Here is the confirmation that it’s 30 degrees. Perhaps the manufacturer is a bit off in their angles?

I’m pretty sure that’s a 20° deck. Maybe Joel @MBS can confirm, but I think most MBS decks have historically had either 20°or 30° tips.

3 Likes

Is that a colt 90? If so it’s 20

2 Likes

We may have gotten to the bottom of it haha

Bingo, I thought it was 15 degrees this entire time. Time to go edit a lot of posts :sweat_smile:

2 Likes