Idiot teenager (almost) finishes first board [build log]

I’m pretty sure it’s a typo, everywhere else in the site says 62T including the question on that page

1 Like

hmm im counting around 30 for half, so maybe

But if you want see real torque at some point soon I’ll have 15:72 with dual 6380 motors and a 180A battery :yum:

1 Like

:open_mouth:

You probably caught the typo there, this makes a lot more sense

1 Like

after counting, can confirm its 62t

3 Likes

The speed match what you were expecting now?

3mph faster is closer to what i expected, but somehow my original calc put the pulley at 55t, which made me excited to brag about “32mph” but honestly I can really care less, I cruise at 13-15. I was fine with a 12a esc and I dont need to be bragging about life threatening speeds

1 Like

even with 62t, the torque is wayyy higher than what I need out of it. I was able to climb the steepest hill in my area at cruising speed on medium, which surpasses anything I would want.

honestly, the vx1 is so much better. i had the vx2, and i hardly look at the screen, then eventually i went back to vx1 because fuck UART remote

Really I love the screen…

2 Likes

oh lawd is that the mboards enclosure

1 Like

Shit boards enclosure

somehow still looks better than most other enclosures tho

Have you ever seen @eBoosted enclosures?

Take a look:

2 Likes

i retract my statement

6 Likes

Nice build bro! I hope you’re a member of NYCEBOARDING. I have a shop across the river in Hoboken if you ever need access to some more tools or build space! I’ll be looking out for this build at the next group ride.

4 Likes

Oooooooh didn’t know about this. Signing up for sure, but I ride fairly slow…

1 Like

You’ll be fine, group rides tend to be slow. They’re more about meeting other riders and chilling

2 Likes

maybe in the future, my wallet is giving me the death stare rn.

2 Likes

The enclosure doesn’t look bad per se, but the mounting holes break open so easily that the nut isn’t secured on anything anymore. I ruined about half the holes by just slightly overtightening the nuts…