Ideas for BOTY 2021 thread

Yeah, I think the street, offroad, innovative categories should be a “Best of”, but ultimately there can be only one build of the year

3 Likes

I definitely think we need to honour a stealth category for our German brothers and anyone else living under fascist oppression.

1 Like

This is excellent. Well done.

2 Likes

I still think we’re totally leaving purpose-built track-specific racing boards on the table. it’s a real category this year, esk8 racing is getting bigger and bigger every day.

I mean, they represent less than 1% of builds and if they are done correctly, look like an analogue longboard.

I’m not sure about you but that doesn’t get my juices flowing

3 Likes

yeah, that’s the point.

1 Like

I know…

But, this is boring. Maybe you are on the wrong forum dude?

Yeah exactly

If they’re that amazing, then people will vote for them in a normal street category

Edit: For example @Linny has an awesome “stealth” board that is a street board

5 Likes

I didn’t realize stealth had no place on this forum. fuck people in places esk8 is illegal I guess.

1 Like

How on earth did you get that from my reply? Like @ShutterShock said if they are that good people will vote for them in the street category. So few of them get built…

(it’s also illegal where I live)

1 Like

idk…

Yeah? Fuck all the guys where esk8 is illegal. Oh shit that’s me too, I take it back. Oh wait no I don’t as I didn’t say that :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

This is why democracy doesn’t work.

5 Likes

We getting in line for fascist esk8 here?

I think we’re better off dead than going red.

This is no democracy, we are simply providing information for our glorious leader @BenjaminF who has been voluntold to run this shit show

6 Likes

Aye, and posts like yours are extremely helpful in that process.

But there’s a lot of shit in here :rofl:

3 Likes

I may not agree with stealth builds being boring (holy fuck they can be challenging to build), but true – there probably are too few stealth builds this year for it to be worth giving them a category. And I guess it would be silly to give them a category in hopes that it would inspire people to make them… cuz based on that logic we could give a lot of other board types their own category too. You’ve convinced me.

4 Likes

thank you for seeing my side of this. I feel like being more inclusive, not more exclusive, is the best way for this to be.

personally I don’t even build or ride stealth boards, but I know there’s probably some esk8r out there in an illegal country that’s cramming like 12s5p into an analog deck and making it look like it’s not even electric and I think that’s super fucking cool.

3 Likes

This thread is a pile of shit for Ben to look through for inspiration.

4 Likes

i think stealth should go into street

if it’s on the street, it’s a street, if a stealth board is really well done, it’s really well done and can take the spot for street, simple as that

5 Likes